Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on Rimfire. I have been reading and learning for a while, don't know enough to help anyone, much less myself.
I gave my new Benchmark a work out today with some Eley standard and Wolf M/T. The results were fair with groups averaging about 1/2 inch with both at 50 yards, but I am not pleased with the trigger. Is anyone doing work on the T/C Classis triggers? Thanks to everyone that has shared thier wisdom.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Classic Trigger

Welcome RHM,
Welcome to the T/C club. Oh, and also the club that's none too happy about the trigger in the classic. Your question's been asked a few times and as yet I've not seen a solution to the classic's trigger pull (please sombody prove me to be wrong).

Not the answer you hoped for, but an answer. :)

Barry

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Classic trigger ?

Hi,

You say are not happy with your Classic trigger, yet you do not mention with what aspect of it you are dissatisfied ? Hard to help you ! Too heavy, too light, too much creep or overtravel ... what are your intended uses ?

My own Classic was bought for shooting the new CMP Rimfire Sporter competition, and, to be very honest, it has the best trigger set-up in a "box-stock" sporter rifle of any of the many dozens I have bought and owned in the past 60-odd years. The first stage pull is perhaps a little heavy, maybe a couple of pounds, but extremely short and barely discernible .... perfect for target shooting. The let-off pull weight is 3# 1oz .... again just makes the 3# minimum required for this competition ! The let-off is "glass-cracking" crisp with an extremely short over-travel. For my usage this set-up could not be improved !

I have tried several others and all were very crisp in their settings, although let-off pull weights varied beteen the mid-2# up to the mid-3# ... a rare phenomenum in these days of gun litligation ... and the attendant 7 - 10# pull weights !

Regards,
Bryan - The Fuzzy Limey

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually, RHM43 was referring to the T/C Benchmark, which is new for 2003. It may or may not be the same for the Classic. Am considering one myself when I get my tax refund check.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New T/C Benchmark

Hello Fuzzy; Yes to all and the trigger is too narrow for such heavy pull. I may be spoiled in that I shoot bench rest a lot. I am used to triggers that are light and crisp, like breaking a glass rod. all of my hunting rifle have good clean triggers or I don't have them long. I know that I am expecting to much but, I think a " TARGET " rifle should have a target trigger and not the same trigger found on a general purpose rifle. Now I feel better! Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you owned other autoloaders?

I'm not being sarcastic. The reason I ask is because I too was disappointed with the trigger on my Classic until I learned that all autoloaders have sloppy triggers. Until this gun, everything I've ever owned was a bolt action. After trying a friend's 10/22, I realized just how good the T/C is!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Benchmark ...

Hi there,

I found/joined this forum specifically to search for the reasons why my first trip to the range with my bud and his new Benchmark was such a goatscrew. He bought this rifle today and returned it today as well. It either stovepiped or jammed after every successful (and manually loaded) shot. It also would lose all trigger tension if we waited more than five seconds to take a second or third shot. In other words, it worked great when firing quickly without time to aim but as soon as he or I would pause to take aim, the trigger would lose tension and act as if it had never been cocked. This was after the first successful shot was fired and a new round was chambered. By the end of the day, it was also double tapping two rounds at a time. One squeeze of the trigger, two rounds come out of the barrel.
I hope this was just a fluke.

Waffen Squirrel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T/C Classic

Just shows you how much I dislike my T/C Benchmark, I just bought my second T/C. This one is a clissic, so now I have a set. Still think the trigger could use some help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the doc said:
Baer, please post more info on this trigger. Website would be a good place to start.
THE guy i go to the gun show with builds german claw mounts ams fixes pre war scopes.i got it over there and we are going to put a block in (to adj trigger spring) and change out the spring.this is the 1st mod we are doing,ill keep you posted.jb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.