Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

T/C BENCHMARK OR 10/22 "T" ?

443 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  OldSwede
I Am Wondering......should I Spend The $379 On A New T/c Benchmark Or Take That Much Cash And Accurize My 10/22 Carbine With All The Bells And Whistles ?

What Is The Side By Side Comparison To An Accurized 10/22 To A New T/c Benchmark ? What Would You Do In My Situation ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,500 Posts
I think the bigger question you need to ask yourself is do you want a rifle to shoot out of the box or one you're going to tinker with. Most folks will tell you the one they have is better, its human nature. I've shot the Benchmark and found it to be a good shooting rifle, but in my opinion not as good as my 10/22 that I've customized. If you subtract the cost of optics and mounting the gun was around $400 to build which is a little more than a Benchmark. I would suggest that answering the question I mentioned earlier is more important than which one shoots better. Keep in mind your ability is going to make a bigger difference in how it shoots than the difference between the two rifles. You might shoot better with a better gun, but a better gun doesn't make you a better shooter. After figuring out which one is the gun for you, get a boat load of ammo and practise! Figure out what shoots best in your gun and then practise some more, that will be the key to your satisfaction.

Dave Z.

· Registered
42 Posts
my next gun is going to be a t/c benchmark. The threaded steel reciever is the reason. my buddy just did a custom 10/22. It's cool but being different than the majority is also cool. There won't be as many parts for the t/c available. Not much you can do to it though. Maybe a barrel but why and you can get a match blank and turn the threads yourself. (if you have a lathe) The tinker vs. out of box was already said. I don't know what i am actually trying to say but hey, good luck -Joel

· Registered
306 Posts
Another thought is that if you happen to get a T/C that doesn't shoot as well as you like, thats it. There is no aftermarket support for it and you can't change it to suit your needs. With a 10/22, you can change it every year if you like to basically have a different gun. I'm not saying the T/C isn't a good gun, becasue it is. they are just different in many ways.

· Registered
2,693 Posts
I agree with gmcfixer

If you're not a tinkerer, T/C hands down. My wife's Benchmark shoots as well as any of our 10/22s, even after the addition of Green Mtn barrels, etc. The rest of the story is that it seldom gets shot anymore. It's much more fun to shoot something that you "built".

DRob

· Registered
10,095 Posts
Oh come on... get both! You won't be able to live with the one you don't choose!!

I've got a Benchmark. The unit that was a magazine tester in fact. It is very accurate and obviously well made - nice bluing, nice wood, a real 'rifle' feel. There is nothing to not like about it.

But being a natural born tinkerer (is that a word?) I don't shoot it NEARLY as much as whatever 10/22 I am messing with. If you want to buy a gun and never HAVE to mess with it, you won't be disappointed in the T/C.

And their customer support is great. I emailed them for a replacement part to the magazine. I told them I had crushed it and wanted to repair it - entirely my fault. They just sent me a new one along with the part I had requested all at no charge.

34,874 Posts
Suburban said:
You can't get a KID trigger for a T/C!
True but ttshooter does a fine job on the T/C trigger for $60 I think it is. As to barrels, it already has a true match grade barrel with a Bentz Chamber that screws into a real steel receiver. I own both guns, I like both guns. I tinker with the Ruger (and could not care a tiny bit less that I can buy a Kidd trigger for it, I don't need a trigger that cost over twice what I paid for the rifle!!). I SHOOT the T/C. The T/C has won it's class a couple years in a row at Camp Perry ( and I believe that is the Classic, not the supposedly more accurate Benchmark).

· Premium Member
12,486 Posts
Vincent:

Good afternoon!

Of course, you don't need that KID trigger.....My sincere advice to you is, however, never to shoot a 10/22 with one, you will in fact want one after that....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.