Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, tomorrow me and my dad are going to a gun show and I want to have a synthetic stock in case if I ever go into the woods. I am still waiting on my boyds blaster stock but it should be in next week:D but there is no way Im going to bring that out in the woods. I don't want to scratch it!!! So I was wondering what is the best synthetic stock for a 10/22 would be? I don't mean like the Bell and Carsons, I mean like Hogue, Butler Creek and Core-lite stocks. What is the best one of the three.

lazyeh

·
Registered
28 Posts
lazyeh
I have several custom stocked rifles, 10/22, 10/22 Mag, 25.06, 270, 6mm, etc. I shoot all of them at the bench and then take them hunting anyplace I choose to hunt. I would not consider changing the stock for fear of getting a scratch. The first scratch is the only one you will ever notice. Take the gun out and hunt with the nice stock, that's what you spent all that money for. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
382 Posts
When I was shopping around for a synthetic stock to replace the el cheapo factory synthetic stock that come with my rifle, I looked at all 3 that you have mentioned (Butler Creek, Core-lite, and Houge). The Houge was by far the best in the bunch, IMO. I liked the feel and the looks of it the best. It is rubber while the others are plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.