OR THE 669 M OR MTA
MY OTHER CHOICE WAS A SIMMONS WHITETAIL CLASSIC OR 44 MAG
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT
THANKS GUYS
:cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
In my opinion, Swifts are a standout in the field of low price optics. They are bright and clear and I have not personally had any trouble with them. I have had plenty of trouble with Simmons, and I have been dissatisfied with their problem resolution. I don't know how Tasco is going to be now that Bushnell has picked them up. I will wait and see.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I think that, as long as you understand that it IS an inexpensive scope, you will be very happy with the Swift Premier. I have one 676S and several Leupolds. There certainly is a difference, but in a price/value competition, the Swift wins every time. If you can afford a Leupold or a Burris, that is what you should have. If you can't, the Swift Premier is an excellent choice. I don't think EABCO's price ($119. for stainless) can be beat.

·
Registered
91 Posts
In my opinion, the Swift Premier is the best inexpensive scope you can buy. I have one on my CZ. It's as good or better than a lot of scopes costing two or three times more. EABCO has the best prices that I've found and their service is great. I ordered mine on a Monday and I had it on Wednesday.

·
Registered
57 Posts
669?

I was wondering what reticle does it have. I have finally decided that I need some fine cross hairs or at least in the middle. With scopes of 9 power and less I find holes hidden by the cross hairs of one of my scopes.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

·
Registered
91 Posts
The 4-12X40AO has a duplex type reticle. It is finer in the center than my Simmons Aetec and the Bushnells that I have. At 25yds on 12X you can see bullet holes well enough to shoot at them. It wouldn't be considered a fine crosshair. By the way, I'm in Clay Center so if your ever in the area let me know and you can look at mine.

Bill

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES

HEY GUYS
JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED TO THIS POST ON THE SWIFT SCOPES
I ORDERED A 676 M FROM C.FARR YESTERDAY AS EABCO WAS OUT OF STOCK ON ALL OF THEM
I WILL PUT IT ON MY 597 LSS WITH A LEUPOLD ONE PIECE BASE AND STANDARD RINGS
THANKS AGAIN GUYS
DIVR6347;) ;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Well, I'll be the "cherry boy" and try the less expensive Swift 6-18x44mm scope (669m).........:rolleyes:

Hopefully I will report back that it's just fine. I was looking for something to replace a WTC I sold a while back, and thought I'd give Swift a try. If that model is a loser I can always return it for the Premier which cost about $50 more.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The Swift 6-18x44 scope I ordered arrrived. It is a very nice looking scope and includes a sunshade. For $110 I'm impressed with how it looks and how the controls feel. The cross hairs look very distinctive and bright. It's not mounted yet so I can't tell how it looks under use yet.

Hopefully I will mount it on my CZ 452 and shoot it this month. I'll report back on how it does.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello Bulldog. I got the scope from DigitalFotoClub.

Swift 669

Shpping was $14 (they must talk with SWFA!).

I haven't mounted the scope yet, but I like its 'look and feel'. The crosshairs are similar to what I have in my Simmons scopes. Thsi turrent adjustment is 1 click for 1/4 inch at 100 yards. I guess you could call them 'target turrents'.

Note: My scope is not the Swift Premier series, but they sell them also. The 6-24x50mm is $165, the 8-32x is about $175, 4-12x is about $162.

DigitalFoto also sells the Bushnell scopes that lots of folks here like.

Other Scopes

I plan to replace the Simmons 44 Mag on my CZ 452 with the Swift 6-18x scope. I think at 50 yards I don't need more power, and I have two project guns (both CFs) on which I can use the 44Mag. I also recently got an older model 24x single power Tasco scope. Not sure where it will end up, probably on the other project gun or the Savage. Nice scope, but the cross hairs are very, very fine and probably not suitable for anything but BR shooting. Lovely scope though. Just using the controls on it makes me smile. :)

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I would most certainly check with EABCO if I were to buy another Swift ( which I will). Last 676S I bought from them (Swift Premier, 4X12AO, 40mm) was $119.00+ship. At the time (2months ago) they had similar great pricing on all Swift Premiers. Check their website.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SWIFT SCOPES

HEY GUYS
I CHECKED WITH EABCO LAST WEEK ON THE SWIFT 676
4X12X40 AND THE LADY SAID THE SILVER ONES WERE ON BACKORDER FROM SWIFT TIL THE END OF MAY AND SHE HAD JUST
SOLD THE LAST TWO BLACK ONES SHE HAD THE DAY BEFORE I TALKED TO HER
I ORDERED ONE IN SILVER FROM CFARR.COM AND SAME STORY
GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT !!
DIVR6347

·
Registered
913 Posts
Bulldog, here is Swift's webpage: http://www.swift-optics.com/rifle.htm - they show my scope, the 669 M and the 669 MA. The latter has target turrets. Mine does not. I'm sorry if I confused anyone. Most of us don't need those anyway (but then most of my scopes DO have them!:D )

Odd, Swift's page doesn't lshow the 669 MTA, but maybe that's just a misprint.

Anyway, the scope (unmounted STILL!) sure looks and feels high quality. It looks clear and bright just looked throug it, but that's hardly a test.

Not sure were these scopes are made. I looked thoughout the Swift page and only learned it's an American copy with their purchasing and quality control office in Tokyo, and international HQ in Boston.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.