Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, if you have a supressor for a .22Mag bbl, would it work for a .17 as long as they were the same thread, bbl diameter, etc?

Don't have one, just curious. This is what happens when I have too much free time.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, it would work, but the sonic crack of the .17 would still be quite evident. You are correct about having a common thread diameter and pitch. Equally important is the requirement for the barrel to be threaded concentric to the bore.

The .22 baffles would be only slightly oversized and not enough so as to make any noticable difference in suppression. The sonic crack will drown out any slight rise in shot noise.

I'm not sure about the t-rise from a .17 shot, but I suspect it would be prudent to refrain from rapid firing if you are using an aluminum can.

I love perfectly useless guns and would really like to have a full-auto Tippmann M2 barreled for .17HMR with a .22 mg-capable can such as SRT's stainless Comanche muzzle mounted suppressor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.