Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called the local gun dealer here in Wake county, NC for some info on an AAC Pilot suppressor for my p22. Turns out the Wake county sheriff will not sign the papers for it, effectively squashing my hopes of owning one.

Basically, I just want to know if there is any legal way to get a suppressor, living here in wake county? (Other than moving to a new county, heh)

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is also my understanding that you will get it faster than I am getting mine on a Form 4. No fingerprints, no photo and no Sheriffs signature! It is a sad situation when our elected officals decide which parts of the Bill of Rights they will allow us to enjoy! Remember that when you vote! We have the same situation here in South Carolina. Some will and some won't sign! All the Form 4 asks of the Chief law enforcement officer of the county is:

"I have no information indicating that the transferee will use the firearm or device described in this application for other than lawful purposes. I have no information that the receipt or possession of the firearm or device described in item 4 would place the transreree in violation of State or local law."

I think that it will be a matter of time when someone will challenge a sheriff but then again, it is much easier to use the LLC route and not make any enemies!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Limited Liability Corporation, someone may correct me if I am wrong. Just contact your secretary of state, find out how to form a LLC, form the corporation and then you can use another ATF form to get your weapons, I am not sure of the form number. It does not require a finger print card, photo like the Form 4 does!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm emailing the NC SoS office right now. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

On a somewhat related topic, I fired my new p22 this morning for the first time. 160 rounds of Federal American Eagle with no problems at all. It's a really great gun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
if you live in a town that has a police dept you can have the chief of police sign and there are other's that can sign as well, judges that have the power to arrest, the state atturney's office.
you can call batf nfa branch and they will tell you who is qualified to sign or you can ask on subguns.com they know the in's and out's of nfa not just machineguns.

·
Registered
207 Posts
LLC for Suppressor purchase

Carolina Curly said:
Limited Liability Corporation, someone may correct me if I am wrong. Just contact your secretary of state, find out how to form a LLC, form the corporation and then you can use another ATF form to get your weapons, I am not sure of the form number. It does not require a finger print card, photo like the Form 4 does!
A LLC still uses the Form 4. On the reverse side of the form, do not attach fingerprints, photo or police signature. Use your Corp name in Line 2a. Use your personal name in Line 15 and below use your signature. Use "All Lawful Purposes" in 15 also. Once you have done it and get your suppressor, you will feel great and want to do this again.

Interactive Form 4

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out davekr, I didn't keep the Form 4 in my hands long enough to read the entire form! I just signed on the spot and took it immediately to the sheriffs department.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
yes, chief of police for your city, or the district attorney for your county...fortunately, our local sheriff has not let anyone down yet...the police chief thinks NO ONE even needs a gun...and the DA is too busy selling crack and meth supplies...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually emailed the sheriff's office and apparently I was misinformed.

I got an email back from one of the detectives saying they look at each case individually.

I might just get lucky here

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
My gun shop has the whole system down and gives you a list of people to help with getting all the legal stuff done. A clean record is my part. Perhaps your shop has the same and Dwight P said it, next time elections come around ask the candidates where they stand on this and other issues of imprtance to you and vote accordingly. good luck 1911M

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
our sheriff and DA are elected, but polie chief is chosen by the city council(they have recently been replaced as well)...unfortunately, no one is brave enuff to run against our current DA(he has been in for nearly 30 years) and the last guy that did backed out before the voting time even got close...seems some skeleton from his past closet suddenly came alive and the DA was using it in his campaigns ads...wasn't even really something that would've made me NOT vote for him...if I remember right, it was to do with a divorce when he was 22 or so...(he was over 40 when running for office) and within 8-10 months his law business was suffering and he moved out of town...
Everyone knows he is heavily involved in mafia type drug and other corruption, but no one is brave enuff to go up against him...last guy that had anything against him was found dead and the case has not been solved(local GUN SHOP owner found killed with a hammer in his own shop), there were reports that a city police car was parked across the streeet at the time of the merder, NOTHING was stolen(no cash, guns, etc) the killer took the store keys and locked the door on his way out...UPS guy found them when he tried to make a dilivery at 10AM(murder happened around 8AM)...sad place I live in...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.