Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Suppressing a Marlin 60

14130 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  svriderpokey
I'd appreciate some experienced advice on how to fit silencer to the M60 - not alot of room past the tube end.

Internal threading could be an option but am concerned to get crowning right - very hard to see in there!

Other options?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On mine there is only about 1/4 to 3/8", plus foresight might need to be trimmed or moved back. Here's a new model pic - not much room:

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/SelfLoading/60.asp

I suppose you could disassemble and shorten tube by half inch, and trim foresight. Internal thread option better but you wouldn't want to affect crowning at all as accuracy is the big plus for standard 60s.

· Registered
98 Posts
To mount a suppressor on a Model 60, the front sight (if you use it) will have to be relocated before the barrel can be threaded. In addition, if your magazine tube runs the length of your barrel, it will also need to be shortened. After all that work is done, you will still have to remove the suppressor to reload. Any rifle with a tubular magazine and no loading gate is impractical to suppress simply because of the likely loss of capacity and the requisite removal of the can to reload.

· Registered
607 Posts
There is a guy from New Zealand on the Marlin owner's forum (goes by the screen name leverlad) who just installed a suppressor on his model 39a. He found one that is slim enough to allow reloading without removing the suppressor. Try looking up his posts on that build. He seemed VERY happy with the performance of the suppressor, and the gun is beautiful.

· Registered
5,372 Posts
There is a guy from New Zealand on the Marlin owner's forum (goes by the screen name leverlad) who just installed a suppressor on his model 39a. He found one that is slim enough to allow reloading without removing the suppressor. Try looking up his posts on that build. He seemed VERY happy with the performance of the suppressor, and the gun is beautiful.
Link please!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.