Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread has no redeeming value, it's just a gratuitous picture thread of my Winchester .22s, showing all their flaws and defects. I had these things all out at one time the other day, looking for rust, wiping them down with Sheath and thought it a good time for a family photo. Those of you that know will probably spot some strange configurations. Many are just average, but there's some decent ones too.

Everything else I have is "Brand X". ;)

· Registered
769 Posts
Only Two Ponies has this collection beat. Mine is similar to yours but much thinner with less diversity and fewer specimens. What happened to serial #2 of the 1890 we was supposed to see pictures of?

· Registered
1,514 Posts
if'n you decide.....

my previous offer (I think it was a Western Field pump-but with poly-choke!)for the 06 expert with the tang sight still stands. You know, if it's been naughty and needs a new home........-Asa

· Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
DEPUTY450 said:
Nice photos. I like the slide actions too. I need to drag my Winchester out and photograph them too. You should tell us what models they are from top to bottom wundudnee.

Jay
O.K., Here you go.

#1 picture:
Thumbtrigger
Model 59, only made in 1930
Model 67

#2 picture:
Early Model 69 factory scoped "Dual Sight"
Grooved Model 69A Match
Model 43 .218 Bee-Not a rimfire, but it's a .22 ;)
1938 Model 75T with Redfield peeps

#3 picture:
Model 56 .22 Short-Made in 1928
62A
63-Factory scoped with no dovetails in barrel

#4 picture:
The top two are 1906 .22 shorts with second model receivers
The third is a 1906 .22 Short with the third model receiver
1906 S, L, LR
1906 Expert with WS1 Lyman peep
Two 1890s

#5 picture:
More 1890s with the bottom two being hybrids.
The second from the bottom I gave $12.00 for at a garage sale. It is a WRF with two different serial #s and a S, L, LR Marlin barrel on it. :confused:
I carried it in the truck for years and it shoots good.
The bottom rifle is a mismatch, worn out with a 1906 stock.

All my 1890s are WRF, Short, and Longs. I still "need" a .22 LR and some solid frames. I also "need" a Model 46, 55, 57, 60, 72, 74, 1873, 1895...........and I have no 52s, what kind of lowlife has no 52s?

Will it never end? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
If it wasn't for my S&W addiction, I would have more Winchesters.

· Premium Member
127 Posts
Wow, nice assortment!

I just got my first Model 62 two weeks ago and now I'm hooked on the slide-action rifles....

Do you ever shoot any of those??? My 62 is so nice that I am afraid to shoot it but my dad slapped the back of my head and sent me to the range!

· The Sledgehammer
6,156 Posts
Nice collection you have.

The 1890's shown all have blued receivers. Is this the norm? I am wondering because I am considering having my 1890 .22 short refinished and I'd like to have it done the same way it left the factory. The 1890's never had Case hardened receivers, did they? How do I go about finding the original finish on a rifle like mine.

I suspect it was blued but most of the rifle has patina on it except for the receiver, which is now just shiny metal.

Thanks.

· Registered
733 Posts
THERE WERE LOTS OF CASE HARDENED GUNS. SOME IN NICKLE PLATE. NEED MORE INFO. 1,ST 2,ND OR THIRD MODEL? WHATS THE SERIAL NUMBER? PROBABLY WAS BLUED,AS THESE WERE THE VAST MAJORITY. hOWEVER,THERE IS A POSIBILITY YOU HAD SOMETHING ELSE. BRIAN.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.