Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pawn shop I frequest always seems high to me but here's what I saw and am interested in!

It is a First Model (or was that edition) High Standard SuperMatic, with about a 6 or 7 inch barrel. Comes with a removable compensator, two different size weights that mount under the barrel and a piece that fills the gap when the weights are off. It has Black plastic Grips, with a thumb rest for a right handed shooter. Overall apparence, bluing is good except right side where it's rubbed away on the length of the barrel otherwise it's (lets be generous) 80% condition. The bore looks really clean. With exception to the grips, no dings, bangs, tool marks (except on the magazine).

The are asking $495, but they alway come down 10% and never go any lower.

I know it's impossible to appraise a gun without seeing it, but let me know what you think.

Thank you inadvance!
Rob!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The Blue Book says that the first series Supermatic is worth $525 in 95% condition and about $300 in 80% condition. BTW the barrel is 6 3/4" and the gun was made at the New Haven plant between 1951 and 1953. $450 seems a little bit high for 50 year old shooter (not collector) in Fair to Good condition, but then again if you got to have it ......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.