Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am currently building my Nordic AR22 through the post from Brownell's and have realized that this is going to be one heavy gun when finished.
As I do a lot of competitive speed and target work, I really want a light or medium gun as well as a fun one.

I have just put together a 10/22 on Brownell's and can get one for about $400 cheaper than I can in the UK - so that will be my next project in a month or two's time.

My question is, and thanks for staying with me so far:

For my Firearms certificate in the UK, I need the gun I build to have a serial number. On all the photo's I have seen of the Volquartsen receiver I can not see any serial numbers?
Do you guys not need serial numbers? Or am I just being blind and they are there and I am missing them?

Any comments appreciated

Dave

London
UK

If you are interestd, this will be my build list:

VOLQUARTSEN TRIGGER GUARD 2000 $184.90
SUPERLITE RECEIVER VOLQUARTSEN $249.95
COMPETITION BOLT ASSEMBLY VOLQUARTSEN $164.30
CARBON FIBRE TENSION BARREL VOLQUARTSEN $257.10
CONTOURED TARGET STOCK F A ENTERPRISES $174.9

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Dave,

FYI.....anything built over here commercialy that the ATF feels IS the firearm....WILL have the serial number on it (the so called...main component, typically with the controls in it...but not always).

So yes, the Volquartsen Receiver will have a serial number on it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
First of all......The Volquartsen Superlite Receiver will have a serial number on it.

Second.......You have a great line-up going for the parts list. I would make one suggestion though. You may want to price a barrelled action from Volquartsen insted of buying the pieces individually. It may save you some money and you still end up with the exact same parts you wanted to begin with. Just a thought.

Sounds like a great build>:bthumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I can order with piece of mind.

Unfortunately Browells only offer one receiver/barrel kit, and it is not a light weight option or one with the required add ons like the extended mag release and bolt release - so it will be a build from scratch, which I will hopefully enjoy.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.