Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experimenting with Rem. Subs and CCI subs on various types of vermin (mostly woodchuck). My shooting buddies and myself notice that the CCI will sometimes just pop and other times crack when fired. ( erratic velocity) The CCI subs seem to fire with a consistant noise level which impresses everyone. The other trick is to reshape the tip into a semi wadcutter design. This makes for a much larger exit wound. You can buy the Paco tool or use machinists tools to do the same thing. Using a quality subsonic and reforming to nose to a semi-wadcutter will be of value to nearly everyone. :Blasting_

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Happy Gardener said:
I have been experimenting with Rem. Subs and CCI subs on various types of vermin (mostly woodchuck). My shooting buddies and myself notice that the CCI will sometimes just pop and other times crack when fired. ( erratic velocity) The CCI subs seem to fire with a consistant noise level which impresses everyone. The other trick is to reshape the tip into a semi wadcutter design. This makes for a much larger exit wound. You can buy the Paco tool or use machinists tools to do the same thing. Using a quality subsonic and reforming to nose to a semi-wadcutter will be of value to nearly everyone. :Blasting_
Happy, you list CCI in both case???? :confused:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the confusion, it is the Remington subsonic that pops or cracks. Most everyone gets good accuracy from the Remington subs but the dirty burning powder and erratic velocity plus a few duds makes it a last choice to me. The Eley, RWS and PMC have all passed muster with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.