Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a scope for my T/C Classic in the $120 range. From what I've read here it seems there are some entirely decent options. I think I've narrowed down my choices to these 3:

Bushnell Scopechief 4-14X50 ($120 at Natchez)
Simmons 1022t 3-9X32 ($105 at Natchez)
Swift 676 4-12X40 ($117 at eabco)

I'm new to shooting and have only put about 1000 rounds through my Classic with the fiber optic sights, mostly offhand on the psitol silhouette line. If I do get involved in any organized shooting, it will most likely be rimfire silhouette, sporterifle, or cmp rimfire sporter. I don't see myself doing any benchrest work. I also won't be packing the rifle into the woods to hunt any critters. Mostly I just want something versatile, of decent quality, with a decent warranty that will help me get a taste of where I may eventually want to go with my shooting. One more thing, I'm not really concerned about the aesthetics of putting a big scope on a little rifle, but if there are practical considerations that I should be aware of, please let me know. Right now I'm leaning toward the Scopechief if there are any left by the time I order. Tell me if that's a major mistake. Thanks for the help,

Brian

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the confirmation, gents. Hopefully they'll still be around by week's end when I give myself my shooting allowance. I am a little interested to hear from anyone who has experience with both the Scopechief and the Swift 676. With lifetime warranties on each, if optics are comparable I might go for the lighter Swift. But I've heard so much praise for the Scopechief 4-14 that that's where I'm leaning right now. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.