Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Stupid Q: receiver material?

386 3
Trying to decide on which 10/22 to buy, and it struck me: are all the exposed receiver parts aluminum? How about the trigger group?
'Cause if they aren't going to rust anyway, I'll save some money and buy the blued version rather than the stainless!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Even better: The 'blued' version and the stainless one are the same gun apart from the barrell. The 'blued' one is just painted black and the 'stainless' one is clear coated (both all AL).

If you look through the galleries, as far as I know, all the stainless looking guns you see from Chief Dave are blued ones with the paint bead blasted off.

· Registered
1,370 Posts
strip the paint off yourself, I believe the "stainless" version also has something coating it. Either bead blast or powder blast it, get rid of all the coating, and polish it yourself with a good metal polish.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20032&highlight=polish

take a look at what this guy did, very nice.

by the way, the only "stupid" question is the one that is left unasked. :t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.