Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

stress relief Neos style

694 4
Can Mr. Neos come out and play
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doesn't look like you can get much meat from these cans. Here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland / Delaware where I hunt cans (Canvasbacks), we get just a bit more on the breast than you seem to get in your back yard. Good shooting though - looks like # 2 shot :D Boy, those "cans" fly fast......

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
38super said:
LOL! Jeez, how deep is your back yard? I think they're dead.
Actually, I shot from my deck, about 10 feet up. The range was from an arm toss of the empty can to about 40 yards. Beyond that, it makes a splash landing in the creek running down the back of my mowed grass. Speaking of grass, I have learned you have to move your targets around, or you dig a nice hole in the already sorry turf. I have been blameing it on the *****, but sooner or later, my wife will figure it out.

As to how much meat are on them there can....... not much, but they sure are fun to knock down. Hit em where they lay. Sometimes you have to hit right under them, to get them flying again, or all you do, is pin it to the ground and cut it up.

I bought a bench rest bean bag, and going to try a little back yard bench shooting. The wife has offered to get me one of those fold up jobs for my bday later this summer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Decoycarver said:
I hunt cans (Canvasbacks), we get just a bit more on the breast than you seem to get in your back yard.
Your right, not much meat on the cans that I knock down. Infact, don't have a lot of your type of cans here in Tennessee that I have seen. Where I was born and grew up, we had lots (Wyo). Would tell you a duck hunting story, except for it has nothing to do with rimfires. Only about a box of 12gu shells, one wet behind the ears boy (me), a very scrawny, shot up non-eatable mud duck and a very small duck pond. My step-dad was upset with me............"we can't eat that thing, look at them green feet..."

Oh well, identifying ducks on the wing never was my strong point..... :rolleyes:

Will have to admit, your cans taste better, but mine are much easier to clean. I left the paper wrappers on these, but all the paper was torn off during the many landings.

happy shooting:t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.