Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Straight grip 39A

532 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  abnerpeabody
Recently was given a 1953 39A. It has a straight grip, about 85% blue, smooth and tight action. Perfect bore and decent wood. Somebody ground a few new grooves in top of hammer spur. Roughly what would this be worth?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,378 Posts
A K-prefix serial numbered '53 Mountie would be nice to have. :)

I don't have any books here, so I'm not going to try to remember if a 100% gun from '53 runs $350 or $750.

Somebody will be along shortly.

John

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think is Mountie

My K-prefix rifle I don't think is a Mountie. Doesn't say that on barrel. I had a later model Mountie once, and the barrel was shorter. I don't have rifle in front of me to measure, but barrel is not really carbine length. And the forearm is slim, not the "fat" style. It's got an old steel tube scope on it, looks like an old Weaver, but no info on tube that I can find. Turret looks like brass. I am selling some guns for my 84-year-old father in law and this may be one of them, can't decide whether to keep this or the Rem 241....he said, take your pick!

· Registered
43 Posts
tallguy606 said:
My K-prefix rifle I don't think is a Mountie. Doesn't say that on barrel. I had a later model Mountie once, and the barrel was shorter. I don't have rifle in front of me to measure, but barrel is not really carbine length. And the forearm is slim, not the "fat" style. It's got an old steel tube scope on it, looks like an old Weaver, but no info on tube that I can find. Turret looks like brass. I am selling some guns for my 84-year-old father in law and this may be one of them, can't decide whether to keep this or the Rem 241....he said, take your pick!
the early fifties gun did not say mounty on the barrel, the gun should have a 23.5" called a 24 barrel, white spacer between the butplate and fluted stock and a black with white center plastic insert at the point you would attach a sling to the stock, the straight stock is the key there were only about 4300 built with the long barrel in 1953 as noted by the k prefix

$450-700

· Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
39A link

can't post a link but I just put on Gunbroker.com. Go to rifles, lever action, my title is 1953 39A Marlin. selling for 84 year old father in law, could use the $. Been in his closet for years and years. I shot it a few years ago...slick and accurate. thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.