Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was informed today that it isn't good for to ship in anything from the states into Canada gun related. But I have my heart set on a boyds shiloutte coffee colour stock (or fajen). Does anyone know of a store that sells theese stocks in Canada or a store that sells 10/22 accesories in Canada? Does anyone have a stock used for a . 920, who lives in Canada. I reallly want one of these stocks. Does anyone have connections into Canada that a friend that may sell stuff to me. OH I email boyds and the stocks are $108.70 finished for anyone who is curious.

lazyeh

you can email me at
[email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try to find a store in USA who will ship the stock to you. Here in Canada you will pay way too much for that stock. I have already ordered a lot of parts from USA: Stock, Volq parts, scope and belive it or not, a GM heavy barrel. Most of these orders are from sponsors of RFC.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exporting license

Hello, I was told by boyds that if an item is over $100 gun related you will get into trouble. quote "YOUR ORDER WILL HAVE TO BE UNDER $100.00 OR YOU NEED TO GET AN EXPORT LICENSE"

I have ordered a barrel form the states and it was under $100 clerke stainless ($75 only!!! at gungoodies.com and the guy there was amazing to do business with). Now all I need to get is a nice stock to use it with (which would be a boyds). I think I am going to buy a boyds shiloutte stock in the coffee or brown colour but I may need to get it unfinished then because its over $100.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE $100 AND OVER YOU NEED AND EXPORTING LICENSE.\

lazyeh

you can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
lazyeh:
This may fall under the heading of semantics, but it is my understanding that the issue is the American law as it applies to Americans - You don't need the export permit, cuz you aren't exporting anything, the vendor needs it to legally ship out of the States. If they ship prohibited items without a permit, they are breaking American law. My understanding is that there is no Canadian law prohibiting stocks and such from being imported into Canada.

The way I've heard of it being done, is to ship to a pre-arranged postal address at the border point nearest you, go pick it up, and drive back and deal with Canadian Customs. Their job is to enforce Canadian law, not American law.

Now, the only problem is if American Customs catches you with prohibited items prior to crossing into Canada!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought a Winchester factory stock for my Winchester M70. It was a private sale. The guy I bought it from could not get anyone to ship a peice of wood to Canada. He was good to deal with and gave my money back right away once he was sure he couldn't get the stock shipped.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stock to Canada.

I don't know about this 100$ law. Except for the scope 44mag 115$, all my orders were below.

1. Last summer i received a big parts order (2 stocks) at the Virginia beach campground. Find a reason to convince your GF for a vacation trip in USA.

2. You can try the postal box method, some places are willing to rent near border.

3. Find a friend or someone of your family who lives In USA and will ship the stock to you.

I am sure, if you really want this stock, you will find a method. Tell me what you think.

Here in Canada, every hunter/shooter is a criminal...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.