Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
I read a post on SavageShooter's that it's 65 oz/ins. That's what I use although I have a laminate stock. Over a year ago I wrote Savage for the spec and never received a reply :( .

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
93R17-bvss said:
I read a post on SavageShooter's that it's 65 oz/ins. That's what I use although I have a laminate stock. Over a year ago I wrote Savage for the spec and never received a reply :( .
WOW......if you mean 65 lb.s/in. or in./lb.s (however it is said) that's is a bunch !! My Annie is around 35/40 in./lbs. and I think the CZ's are even less than that.....Interesting and thanks;
glenn

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
No, I said what I meant and I meant what I said ;) ;) ;) 65 oz/in. It's less than your Annie or CZ.

P.S. In mechanical engineering speak, torque is calculated by multiplying force by the perpendicular distance from the axis. Hence, to be “proper”, it’s expressed oz/in or lbs/in or lbs/ft. Interesting though, lbs/ft is referred to as foot-pounds :confused: . Whatever way is just fine with me :D .

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
93R17-bvss said:
No, I said what I meant and I meant what I said ;) ;) ;) 65 oz/in. It's less than your Annie or CZ.

P.S. In mechanical engineering speak, torque is calculated by multiplying force by the perpendicular distance from the axis. Hence, to be "proper", it's expressed oz/in or lbs/in or lbs/ft. Interesting though, lbs/ft is referred to as foot-pounds :confused: . Whatever way is just fine with me :D .
Alrighty then !!!!! :p
Didn't know that, I did a search on the Savage Shooters forum and there was a post that said 26 lbs/in. for a synthetic stocked MkII--That sounds resonable to me.........
Thanks for the 'lesson' :)

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
buckeyeair said:
I did a search on the Savage Shooters forum and there was a post that said 26 lbs/in. for a synthetic stocked MkII--That sounds resonable to me..
WOW, 26 lbs/in is a lot to me - 416 oz/in. That's a big difference. Maybe it's the difference between the laminated and the plastic stocks. I tried to do a search again yesterday on SavageShooters but couldn't find the thread I had read for the specs I came up with. Wouldn't let me log in because my user name expired because of lack of use - been over a year since I've been there. I'll re-register today and try to find it. Do you have the link to your info?? I'd like to read the whole thread because I'd hate to be giving out bad info.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
93R17-bvss said:
WOW, 26 lbs/in is a lot to me - 416 oz/in. That's a big difference. Maybe it's the difference between the laminated and the plastic stocks. I tried to do a search again yesterday on SavageShooters but couldn't find the thread I had read for the specs I came up with. Wouldn't let me log in because my user name expired because of lack of use - been over a year since I've been there. I'll re-register today and try to find it. Do you have the link to your info?? I'd like to read the whole thread because I'd hate to be giving out bad info.
It said 25 lbs/in....URL is http://www.savageshooters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4995&highlight=action+torque

glenn

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
buckeyeair, no doubt the thread said 25 lb/ft :t . Thanks for the link. Was that thread found in the technical information section?? Savageshooters still won't let me log on, seems I have to contact the system admin :( . I'm still trying to find out where I came up with 65 oz/in. Heck, I even went out and bought a 0-100 oz/in torque screwdriver just for this.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I did an advanced search for Action screws on the rimfire forum and came up with three examples and one of them happened to be for the MkII FV.....the last reply was from S.S.S. and they said to not tighten so much to create any distortion but they didn't suggest any specific reading....the other posts in that thread said 25 lbs./in. and the S.S.S. response did not dispute that figure...I will try to do a search for oz./in. and see what I come up with...
glenn
Did another search this time for oz/in and came up empty.....I also went to there FAQ's section and under Torque Specs' they had:
Factory Synthetics=25/26 in/lbs
Wood-Laminated-Aftermarket Synthetics=45/65 in/lbs
Sorry I could not be of any more help.......
glenn

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
buckeyeair said:
Sorry I could not be of any more help.......
It sure wasn't from the lack of trying :t :t :t . Couldn't have expected any more :D . Thanks.
Torque specs seem to be a lot more forgiving with a laminate. I'm getting ready to do some shooting this evening just before dusk when the wind lays down, it's intermittent now. I think I'm gonna do some playing with the torque and keep bumping it up and see what the gun does. I don't think with the bedding it will make much difference though but we'll see.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
What a great evening to shoot last nite. Actually they're all good, just some better than others :D . 77°, zero wind and the sun behind the trees. Started out with 2 groups 3/8"-1/2" :t . Started cranking up the torque by 10 oz/in and shooting two more groups each time. Got all the way up to 116 oz/in, the farthest my screwdriver will go, and couldn't tell any difference. But still that's only 1/4 of what was said on Savageshooters. Speaking of Savageshooters, I still can't log on - "your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information". How do you contact the forum admin :confused: .

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
93R17-bvss said:
Speaking of Savageshooters, I still can't log on - "your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information". How do you contact the forum admin :confused: .
I am not sure about the forum admin., but I think if you went to the home page and clicked on 'Contacts' on the top, you will find the 'Site Admin' (Jim Baker) listed there and just send him an e-mail and he should be able to point you in the right direction........ Hope this helps, and nice shootin at your evening session....nuttin' beats slingin' lead down range !!!! :D
glenn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.