Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to build a 10/22 for my wife to shoot small bore silhouette and would appreciate suggestions for a synthetic (I want to do a fancy paint job) stock that would be a good fit for someone who's about 5'4".

Thanks.

bob

·
Registered
526 Posts
Most of the girls I see get really into the shooting and hunting have one thing in common, they don't normally have the upper body strength men do, that being said a little shorter LOP on the stock does help that. You need to find someone that has a stock like the youth version. I think those are like 12 3/4", let her try that and go from there. I like a LOP at 13" for rifles, that is really easy and fast for me to get up and on things. The Ruger carbine is 13 1/2" LOP for the regular model.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
My wife is also 5' 4". I made her 10/22 with a Revival "purple haze" Trailblazer. The standard LOP (13 3/4") fits her well. I really wanted to keep weight to a minimum. It has a 16.5" aluminum Whistle Pig barrel. I also put a Leupold Gilmore (VERY lite) red dot sight. The rifle is light as a feather. I haven't offically weighed it, but I'm guessing it runs about 5.5 pounds. I'm currently waiting on a purple Tactical Solutions barrel to complete this build. (Bottom rifle is my daugter's)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.