Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a pic on the net of a Fajen stock in what was called red/white/blue laminate. In the pic the white part did not look white, but more of a natural wood color. I was wondering if it was just the color on my monitor or if the stock is really off color in the white areas. I'd like to buy it if it's really white. Does anyone have one or know if the colors are true red/white/blue? I'd appreciate any info on this. Thanks, marble8.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased a unfinished fajen red white and blue thumbhole sillhoute stock for a 10/22 from someone here on rfc. He had it new in the box, sitting in his closet for some years. The wood is not bone white but I think its as close as they can get. Its pretty light in color. I have not finished it yet ,its for my next project. I beleive that these are no longer in production (but I could be wrong) So if you can get one get it. Its truly a great looking stock.
Bill

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CampFireBill,

I finally talked to the guy and he said about what you did. He thought if it was stripped and refinished it might come out a little whiter. It should be delivered sometime next week!:D :D I'll see if it looks like it could be improved and decide whether to use it as is or try to refinish it. The only one I have seen 'in person' was on a Cricket at a gunshow and the white in it was less than 'snow'white too so it probably is a dye issue. Thanks for the info and I'm sure I'll be happy with it for the price. It is supposed to be a factory finished, Fajen Silhouette. He also had a A&B 18" SS Fluted barrel. Both were bought to customize a rifle , but he said he never did so both are new. (Pics looked like new.) $210.00 for both including shipping. Sounded like a pretty good deal so I took it. Hope they look as good when they get here. thanks again, Marble8

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OOPS!!!

Sorry Campfire Bill,

Looks like I hit the thumbs down instead of the thumps up!:eek: I've edited it, but I just caught it today. Thanks again for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.