Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen. I took a punt and purchased a job lot of 3 second hand .22s. One of them is a Stirling model P stainless semi auto. In New Zealand we look upon Stirling as being a budget brand. I’d like to know just how this rifle rates compared to others and an idea of its value. In fact any information about this rifle would be appreciated. It appears to be better quality then the other Stirlings I have come across.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If you're writing about a small pocket pistol which is an apparent stainless copy of the Galesi, then you're about right. The Stirling has sold for about twice what the Galesi brings by dint of its stainless material. Call it about $150 in the San Antonio, TX, area of the USA.

Numrich should have spare parts. Magazines are unusually expensive, IMO.

They are striker fired. I carried one for a brief while in my left front pants pocket. Finally gave up on it, as keeping a striker fired pistol fully loaded in my pocket seemed an unnecessary risk.

Oops! Just noticed you're writing about a rifle. To my embarrassment, I am not acquanted with any rifles of that name.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
you guys would proberly know the stirling better by its manafactures name, armscor. its your usuall phillipine crap sold under various different names.

i havn't used the semi auto ver (i have the bolt action) and i certainly wouldn't waste money on the stainless ver. mind you it could make a good project rifle. once fixed up they should shoot fine.

the price you can't beat, semi auto blued is $200nz stainless i think was around 300. the bolt action blued was $250-$275nz. perfect for plinking or close range varmit shooting.

·
Registered
492 Posts
There used to be a small Arms make in New York that made pistols. But it was Sterling -- with an "E". The did make some stainless products... like the model 302 (I think)... a little pocket .22 pistol............. I think this may be what Fflincher was referring to. I think they went out of business in the early 80s???

regards
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.