Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As someone who appreciates good quality photographs, I used 35mm for over 50 years. I eventually settled on the Canon AE-1 system, after buying my first one in 1976, and presently have three of them with various lens, etc.

When I started using E-Bay (before their present anti-gun crap), I needed a digital so I could upload photos of items I was selling. I bought a Panasonic, then gave it to the wife when her digital camera was lost.

The Panasonic replacement was a Fuji Finepix S-700 that was on sale. I chose it because of the through the lens viewing gives an actual view of what you get, not an offset viewfinder view when taking close ups. This camera has many more features than I will use, and is now the 95% camera that I reach for when I am taking still pictures. It is extremely light, focuses very close to anything I want to take a picture of, and gives excellent quality pictures.

With the advent of newer, lighter, more compact movie cameras, I replaced an older Panasonic 8mm with a Canon ZR-800 mini DV camera. This smaller camera is a joy to carry and use, with an optical zoom of 35X and a digital zoom of 1000x. Close ups to less than an inch are possible.

We have been using the Canon movie camera this summer for Prairie Dog shooting videos, and the optical 35X seems to be lots. Very large images of the PDs are the norm, and after editing, we just put together a 45 minute movie of hunting them in southern Manitoba. Of course I am a bit biased, but I would say that, after editing, it is just about as good as those shown on the cable TV hunting and fishing programs.

Both of these cameras cost less than $300, and I think they are well worth it. The memories and pictures of our hunts and personal life will more than compensate for the small amount of cash outlay for the cameras.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.