Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As posted on an earlier thread, my 1915 Favorite has an action problem. With the hammer cocked in firing position, the action block and lever will freely fall open. There is someone parting out a 1915 on ebay, so now might be a good time to tear into it and try to find out whats wrong.
It seems to be a fairly simple design, but I always like to ask for any helpful hints/sugestions before tearing apart a gun I'm unfamiliar with for the 1st time.
Can anyone provide basic step by step dissassembly info or any heads up to potental problems to be aware of. Need this info ASAP and it will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Disassembly instructions:
1. Remove barrel retaining screw and dismount barrel.
2. Remove stock screws on top and lower tangs. Remove stock.
3. The hammer spring is a coil spring with an internal hammer strut and
sleeve which butts against a large screw on the lower tang. This is a very stiff spring and be forewarned that it will be difficult to reinstall. Use a pair of pliers to grip the base strut and move the spring back and up to clear the base screw. Remove to the rear.
4. Remove the trigger spring screw and trigger pivot screw. A angled or offset screwdriver is handy. Remove trigger.
5. Remove hammer pivot screw and the hammer.
6. Remove the lever pivot screw and the breech block pivot screw. Remove the lever and breech block through the lower frame. Remove extractor/ ejector. There may be a plunger and spring on the ejector-this should not be removed and is (if there is one)staked in place. If this needs work you need a gunsmith. There are 2 pins you need to look at: one holds the link to the breech block and the other holds the link to the lever. Wear on these pins or the holes in the link, lever or breech block (any or all of them) is usually the cause of a loose action. Work is best done by a gunsmith with the proper tools and usually is not expensive. Good Luck. 2520

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.