Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hang in there Roci, the world was here long before we got here and will be here long after we leave.

Have a fine weekend!

Frank
Thanks.

I find that I can stay calm until.........every morning I can't resist turning on CNN to see if there's any news.

It seems there's never any good news.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I have stopped watching any news, local or national, and I don't view any internet news either. My peace of mind has increased significantly. All I can do is vote and donate, which I do; everything else is completely out of my hands. If it's big enough news, I figure I will hear all about it...and, it's not all bad. The Supremes seem to have come through on some important issues.

·
Banned
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I see good news I usually find out later that it was fake news.

I may vote but if I do it will just be my usual effort to keep one political party or the other from getting too much power.

It's better that they balance each other out ......... then they can't do too much mischief.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I have stopped watching any news, local or national, and I don't view any internet news either. My peace of mind has increased significantly. All I can do is vote and donate, which I do; everything else is completely out of my hands. If it's big enough news, I figure I will hear all about it...and, it's not all bad. The Supremes seem to have come through on some important issues.
When I see good news I usually find out later that it was fake news.

I may vote but if I do it will just be my usual effort to keep one political party or the other from getting too much power.

It's better that they balance each other out ......... then they can't do too much mischief.
No news is good news here too.

I used to vote for the underdog of the big two parties (bi-monopoly?) just to "even things out", but now it's 3rd party all the way!!!! GIVE ME LIBERTY, OR GIVE ME MORE OF THE SAME! :rolleyes::(

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I stopped watching news in late spring, 2017. I had been having the TV on all day and into the night on one news channel (mostly).

I still check two news outlets Dailey on the net; Fox and Golf Channel. I need to let Fox go because I know I'm getting heavily biased points of view.

It seems we have three classes now; those who follow the law, law breakers, and those who are above the law.

·
Banned
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I watch the news on CNN for much of the day with the sound muted about 90% of the time.

The banners at the bottom of the screen reveal the topics and I'm rarely interested.

By doing it this way I am alerted when any ACTUAL NEWS happens and I can then turn on the sound.

My head is not in the sand.........my ears are just turned off to most of the propaganda.

I rarely watch Fox or MSNBC.........their agendas are too obvious and facile. They are useful to get the extremist view--just to see how idiotic things are getting--sometimes it's good for a laugh.

That's the way I stay calm. I can stay informed without getting poisoned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts