Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huy Fong Foods based in Irwindale, ca. has announced that a failed pepper crop has essentially brought their Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce (think "rooster") production to a halt at their 650,000 s.f. facility. Normally they produce 3000 bottles an hour, 24 hours a day, 6 days a week. During the red jalapeno harvesting season, over 21 tons are delivered to their facility each day.
I've been to several large chain grocery stores recently and there is none to be had. I'll have to check out some of the smaller independents in my area. Fortunately I have one unopened bottle in the pantry and half a bottle in the fridge.
Brown Liquid Bottle cap Bottle Glass bottle

The hoarding is in full swing!
Shoe Natural foods Vehicle registration plate Local food Whole food

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Huy Fong Foods based in Irwindale, ca. has announced that a failed pepper crop has essentially brought their Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce (think "rooster") production to a halt at their 650,000 s.f. facility. Normally they produce 3000 bottles an hour, 24 hours a day, 6 days a week. During the red jalapeno harvesting season, over 21 tons are delivered to their facility each day.
I've been to several large chain grocery stores recently and there is none to be had. I'll have to check out some of the smaller independents in my area. Fortunately I have one unopened bottle in the pantry and half a bottle in the fridge. View attachment 311403
The hoarding is in full swing! View attachment 311404
Thanks - forwarded to my son-in-law near Portland, OR and cannot eat without hot sauce on everything. I can only imagine the panic.... :D

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I had looked and called around here, nada - it's been going on too long to hope to find any now. When it started, gougers were selling on Amazon for $30/bottle.

However, as you brought it up, and I checked Amazon again, and their "Fresh" service has it at a normal price - $3.49. I need a bunch of groceries, over $35 is free delivery, and I am only leaving the house once a week for trivia (can't leave cold/frozen food in car) so I went ahead and got everything I needed. (y)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I make my own without all the salt or preservatives. It is just chilies, vinegar and garlic with a pinch of salt. I also grow my own peppers because down here in SoFla they grow like crazy, but you don't need to do so to make a better product than what you buy in stores.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I make my own without all the salt or preservatives. It is just chilies, vinegar and garlic with a pinch of salt. I also grow my own peppers because down here in SoFla they grow like crazy, but you don't need to do so to make a better product than what you buy in stores.
Ha — the first thing I thought when I read the thread title was: “It’s three simple ingredients plus salt; why not just make your own?” 😁

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
No shortage noted around here and price hasn't changed significantly. Have seen no reason to buy extras; that sky isn't falling in these parts and we has plenty of folks that like 'hot' condiments, thank you. We continue to have one extra bottle on hand that gets replaced when it is put into play, period.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts