Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

squirrel VS pellet gun

678 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  EMSFlyer
well i had a post asking about what bb gun to get and decided to get a crosman 664gt from walmart. was very disapointed with it cause bb sht all over the place...someone suggested pellets and now shoots dang good. i bought it for rat and squirrel patrol for my friut trees.. got my first one today! **** squirrels eatin all my friut! well heres a pic...i will post more as i get more of the thevin ba$tards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
382 Posts
Of course bb's shoot all over.

Very nice. I thought i'd tell you that the reason bb's are painfully inaccurate is because they do not engage the rifling, in fact you can put them in the end of the barrel and literally roll them down to the chamber. Try it.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Those are cute little airguns, Mwm.
Those Crosman (BSA) scopes that come with some of them aren't so bad, either.

BB's don't engage the rifling, and they're too hard. Beeman PerfectRounds are nice for penetration, but the match pellets do best for accuracy, I find. A nice comprimise that I like for backyard pests are the Gamo Magnums.

Something about those Crosman's -- the Crosman pellets do have a flat base behind the skirt and load better with a Crosman gun. Stick with Crosman pellets if you can.

And have you seen replacement loaders (the black "stick" that holds five pellets) for the 664? I'd like to know if they're available... and you might pick up a couple extras yourself. The partitions break pretty easy.

-S

· Registered
485 Posts
I have the exact same gun. IMO, it has enough power for head shots at close ranges, but mine shoots patterns, not groups. Even with pellets I cant get the gun to group consistantly, even at just 10 yards. For some reason, the barrel and stock seem to be loose. Im not sure if this is normal, but I think this is the reason I am getting bad groups.

Great shot BTW.

· Registered
59 Posts
I've got a Gamo 220. I put a simmons 8 point 4 power scope on it. Shoots 3/4 groups at 30 yards with these 16 grain pellets I got. I shoot p-dogs with it that are on a hill in my neighborhood. Takes em' down easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.