Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Springfield 87M

922 10
Interesting semi auto rifle. It is stocked like a military rifle..sort of like a Garand. I have only seen one other and read about a couple more..not much info on these .22's. It will take a few days to get here and then I will post pics. Anyone have any info on these? They are pre-sn# but this one has a 32 stamped inside the stock and on buttplate.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
coneten,
Basically a Model 87 in a Garand type stock. Not military but a look a like in the same fashion as an Erma carbine replica in .22. Some guys on the Parallax .22 forum have a long running thread on them which you may find interesting.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reddogge, I have been reading that thread for awhile...that is one reason why I am coughing up the $$ for this Springfield...they are pretty scarce and this one seems to be in good order.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
some people think they were suppose to be "trainers". from what i could gather they werent. Just something put togeather to look like the m1.

there isnt alot of info out there, but one of my gun reference books makes mention of them.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I bought an 87M about a year ago. I have had strange results with it. When I got it I took it to the range to shoot it. It would double or triple fire. Not good. I took it home and cleaned it and as far as I could tell everything was in the right place. Test fired it again and all was fine. Put it away. Few months later, fired it again. It doubled or tripled. Strange. Took it apart and cleaned it. Shot it again and all okay. Shot it a couple weeks ago and it was up to its old tricks. I think I will use it as a straight pull bolt action. I have heard that these actions are finicky. I had a pre war Savage Model 6 than an flawlessly. I guess this is what makes old .22s so interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.