Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new spotting scope and I need a recommendation on a tripod for it. I am looking for a small table top model. The scope is a Celestron C90. It weighs a bit over three pounds. I know the importance of a stable tripod, however, I am not looking to spend a fortune. I will be viewing .22 and .223 at 200 yards max mostly. Of particular interest to me is what you guys with the C90 scopes are using. Although, I welcome any advise including suppliers for tripods.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have found that the one shown in this picture to be the most stable one. The clamp-on ones are more stable if you have a sturdy bench but are costly unless you make your own.

The one pictured is hard to find but I thought Optics Planet had some Bushnell name on them for around $40. Look on eBay.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I just ordered a new spotting scope and I need a recommendation on a tripod for it. I am looking for a small table top model. The scope is a Celestron C90. It weighs a bit over three pounds. I know the importance of a stable tripod, however, I am not looking to spend a fortune. I will be viewing .22 and .223 at 200 yards max mostly. Of particular interest to me is what you guys with the C90 scopes are using. Although, I welcome any advise including suppliers for tripods.

Thanks

John
Find a used Freeland saddle stand, most stable tripod out there. It's larger than most but folds up "small", FWIW ya see 'em on eBay for $70-100 in various colors… black, green and mine's red to match my Redfield 15X45 antique.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Find a used Freeland saddle stand, most stable tripod out there. It's larger than most but folds up "small", FWIW ya see 'em on eBay for $70-100 in various colors… black, green and mine's red to match my Redfield 15X45 antique.
The Freeland looks like a good stand, unfortunately, I could not find one at a good price. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it and will leave it on the table in the event my new acquisition does not work to my expectations.

I have found that the one shown in this picture to be the most stable one. The clamp-on ones are more stable if you have a sturdy bench but are costly unless you make your own.

The one pictured is hard to find but I thought Optics Planet had some Bushnell name on them for around $40. Look on eBay
Sam, I just ordered a Bushnell 783011. It has the micro adjust for vertical position which may help. It looks similar to your tripod. Optics Planet had it for $55.00. My local shop did it for about the same price and will have it for my in the next day or so. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the input.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.