Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I received this rifle it was in really nice condition, but I wanted to use it as a suppressor host so it was never meant to stay milspec.

That said, I had the barrel cut to 18" and threaded for a SilencerCo. Sparrow. The action was refinished in satin blue and I did most of the small parts and bolt assembly in dark grey park. I also glass beaded some of the rough plastic to smooth it out (that made it slightly grey which worked well with the parkerized pieces). I also made a new plastic piece to keep the mag floor plate in place (for my mag anyway, all it took was bumping the mag floorplate from the rear to knock it off and have the mag fly apart).

When I got a chance to take it out and zero it, it seemed to group pretty well. Each target has a five shot group (one magazine).

The one on the right is a 50m - the rest are 25m. I came out of position on the 50m and clearly didn't settle back in the same. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy.

I think these rifles are a steal for the money!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the trigger setup on these is pretty nice. Mine was good to go when I got it so I didn't even have to tweak it.

I got lucky and scored two spare mags from Widener's before they decided to restrict the sale only to persons who were purchasing a rifle from them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, the trigger setup on these is pretty nice. Mine was good to go when I got it so I didn't even have to tweak it.

I got lucky and scored two spare mags from Widener's before they decided to restrict the sale only to persons who were purchasing a rifle from them.
Oh lucky!! That is the only place I have seen selling the magazines. Heck I've even written to a few places that were selling the 78's, and they didn't have any spare magazines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh lucky!! That is the only place I have seen selling the magazines. Heck I've even written to a few places that were selling the 78's, and they didn't have any spare magazines.
Yeah, the spare mags are the issue with these. The day after I ordered my two spares from Wideners they changed their policy to mag sales being limited to purchasers of rifles from them and further restricted it to two only.

I was very happy to get what I got because I have some European contacts and none of them could produce anything. The only ones I did find would have cost $50+ each from Poland. I think I'll have to be happy at 3, although, I still keep my eyes open for more readily available mags that might be modified to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.