Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could pick up a sporter stock for a 77/22. I need to cut one to a 12 inch lop and I want to save the original one. Any after market stocks available? Thanks...

·
Registered
103 Posts
EBay would be your best bet. I assume this is for a kid who will grow into the full sized stock. There for little is gained by putting an expensive short stock on it. If that is not the case. Boydboys.com rifle-stocks.com both have nice stocks but pricier then one may want to put into a temp stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is one with a chip at the very butt end of the stock on Gunbroker.com and I believe the same stock on Auctionarms.com for $75 I was going to buy it, but I found a longer scope and don't need to cut down my stock anymore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input. I need to cut the stock off for my wife who isn't quite five feet tall and is done growing, at least in height. I want to save the original for the times that I think I need to shoot it. I'll probably go with an after market and get semi-fancy with it. Thanks again for the input...... salmurai

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm safe, the wife never reads this. Even if she did, after 30 years of wedded bliss(?) she expects such things. jlp4951, Thanks for the info but I think I'm going to shrink this 77 by going with a 16 inch barrel and cutting down an after market stock and move the cheek piece forward a hair. This will be a gun just for her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.