Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if any of the more popular stcok makers would do a special run of a particular color scheme laminte if enough of us committed to a purchase? Have been told the blank shhet of laminate will make 20 stocks so a minimum would be at least that. Anyone know for sure? Anyone up for trying this?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really sure just something , well..different. Kinda tired of the nutmeg, pepper and the common camo lminates. Although really cool, even the blk/blue is fairly common now. Maybe a blk/yellow of something with some contrast in it. Maybe if folks start putting out ideas we can all agree on one.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
There are new Fagen colors at

Midway USA. Three new colors.....Lokk back at a Post from me 3 days ago and scroll down...there is a link for each of them. I got the turquois/purple/pink last week and sent it back.. :eek: too much pink....Got the Lime Green/Turquois/Orange on the way. Can't wait to get it in my hands. :D

hfly

·
Registered
719 Posts
Helton should be available in 4-5 weeks. Thelaminates that you get from runland comes in two sizes. Both of them are rough and have to be trimmed down from there. 1 size and the most common is a 13 X 33 X what ever thickness and color or combo you spedify. The second is a sheet about 20 in in width with every thing else being the same. You get two stock from the small sheet and 4 from the large unless you have really small stocks.

I think any stock maker would be interested in do a 20 stock order....assuming it is something he is alread set up to do.

Mike

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Proposal

How 'bout we ask the guys at Revival to make us a "Rimfirecentral.com" special run stock?

They made a special run Red/Black one for EABCO with a laser graphic saying "Mack2" on the buttstock.

Our "Rimfirecentral.com" stock shoud be:
1. A Yukon style stock
2. Have a graphic on the buttstock saying "Rimfirecentral.com"
3. Yellow/blue laminate.

Now we need a count of guys who would buy this.

And we need somebody to contact Revival to see if this can be done . . . or if there's enough interest, maybe Stafford Sales, Rimfire Sports, Weaponkraft, or another sponsor would order the stocks for us?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
getstocked: Wow! thanks for that link. I had checked Boyds the other day but that wasn't there then. That may be something for me. Thank you! :) :t

As for a special run. I'd say to have a "tundra" style design definately. I'm thinking blk/green, blk/yellow or blk/orange. Not into any special laser cuts/engraving myself. Let's get a few more ideas out there and then put a vote together. So whatta ya say? What color guys? Need a few to get a poll/vote set up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I recently ordered/received a laminate "SmartStock" in Ginger Laminate from Boyds for about $180 and it was worth every cent. Its well made and extremely versatile. I'm working on finishing it now.

At the time, I inquired about special-ordering another SmartStock in solid walnut and was told that the price would be about the same and that it was no problem if I were willing to wait 3-4 months until they were making a "run" of SmartStocks. I am willing and my order will be placed soon. I like my Blaster and my Ross but the SmartStock seems to be the best of both worlds (for me).

Boyds is a great outfit and I'm 100% sure that they would schedule a special (Rimfire Central) run of whatever-they-offer if we show them some serious numbers.

I'm currently way too busy to be a "lead singer" on this but I'll be among the earliest to sign-up for a special Rimfire Central edition from Boyds providing that the specifications are "mainstream" rather than "psychodelic". I'd like to suggest an unfinished solid Walnut stock (Blaster or SmartStock)of mid to upscale grade/quality with some distinguishing features to identify it as an original "RimfireCentral".

Lauraboyds, if you're still following this, can you help with a suggestion? I'll bet there's some real interest out here.

John

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have e-mailed Revival on this since they initially gave me the idea of such a thing. Will wait for a response and let you all know. Nothing against Boyd's just trying to cover all our bases here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.