Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've wanted a "proper" sporter stock for my 10/22 International carbine, one that essentially mirrors the 77/22 stock (Fajen used to make one, with black forend tip, but it's long out of production). Since the International wasn't much of a shooter in its factory configuration, I figured I wouldn't hurt anything by cutting on the stock...
With about 7.5" removed, reshaped and restained, this is the result. Barrel is the Clark 20" sporter.
Also have the Walmart-special Deluxe Sporter Rifle, and like that stock also, but prefer the trimmer lines, and grip cap, of the conversion.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The only mechanical upgrade is the Volquartsen hammer. Will eventually bevel the rear of the bolt, but it functions fine as is. Also will replace the factory scope base with a Weigand Weaver base.
I love my Walmart 10/22 sporter too, and the stocks look similar in profile, but the forend on the International stock is much slimmer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I don't really NEED another 10/22, but I'm considering buying a standard carbine to build into a 10/22T clone. If I hadn't found this forum, I wouldn't be pondering such foolish notions...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.