Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new MK II target with a 5.5" bull Barrel. I'm going to put a Bushnell Red Dot (73-0134) Has 4 different reticules.
I don't want to drill the barrel for a mount. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the "Solow" scope mounts.
I think this is the route I want to go. Check out their web site @ http://www.solow.com/
:confused: Let me know what you thing. Bill

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The only hang up is the old sight, loosen the set screw, pad the vice jaws and brass drift. Check BigMike's post on which direction for knock out. I have one on a 22/45 (ProPointIII). Only available mount system to keep tube optic and barrel centerlines so close. Get froggy, it's worth it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
30mm scope tube/Tasco Propoint

i was thinking of buying a solow mt for my mk11 that would house a 4x 30mm tasco scope. the rearsite is non-adjustable one, there's a bell on the eye objective end of the scope.

do you think this setup would work?
thanks.

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WoodsWalker,
Is the bell RUBBER? My Bushnell had one and it was rubber. All I had to do was pull it off & mount the Red Dot then just put the bell back on. If you can get the bell off it'll be no problem.
If you can't remove the bell then the answer is NO. The SoLow mount will only open up to about 30.5 mm. Bill

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks RedTip

Naah, not plastic, its metal i think. flares out pretty good. that's why i asked, was really concerned the clearance just wasn't there for this particular application.

it's a cool product nevertheless.

thanks for the advice, will save all the return shipping hassle. this is a great site for sure!

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah, it will

its a used Tasco, asia markings, never had it on a pistol. got the dot with real fine crosshairs. 4x i think. it ain't a red dot, its an optical crosshair scope. i think the distance between the eye objective and top of receiver would be too close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.