Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Sold one of my babies today...

693 14
I knew it was coming sooner or later. Oh, I still liked her well enough, but I just wasn't getting her out shooting very often. Chiding myself for that I took her to the range today just so I wouldn't feel guilty about neglecting her. While there, out of the blue, someone made an offer on her. In the blink of an eye I realized he would get more enjoyment out of her than I have been lately, so I let her go... one of my Anschützen.

And the funny thing is, no regrets. It might surprise some folks to hear this, but I really do enjoy these CZs :D so much so that my poor Anschützen have been sitting neglected.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Beware the man (or woman) with just one gun. He (She) probably shoots it very well.

I can't tell you how many guns have fell prey to that same emotion over the years. Now I can afford to hoard a quite a few.

But you know what comes out when I really want to bear down on it? My favorite Brno of course.

My Savage Anschutz 164 with 2 1/2 Pecar will shoot with my Brno's but only if I feed it Eley or match grade ammo.

My Brno's are not finicky eaters and with hunting ammunition (Winchester Super-X 37 gr HP) will out shoot any light weight sporting .22 I have ever owned. And I have owned a bunch of them. Still the quest continues. I will try just about anything when I can find something I have not tryed. It is extremely unlikely at this stage of the game that anything is ever going to displace that Model 1.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My Brno's are not finicky eaters and with hunting ammunition (Winchester Super-X 37 gr HP) will out shoot any light weight sporting .22 I have ever owned. And I have owned a bunch of them. Still the quest continues. I will try just about anything when I can find something I have not tryed.

It is extremely unlikely at this stage of the game that anything is ever going to displace that Model 1.[/QUOTE]

Mauser, I'm right with you on the #1 rifles. I have a NIB from Denny, but the ones that I hold/shoot the most are the 4 or 5 C.A.I. rifles that I have refinished. Right now, I have 2 walnut and 1 birch stock waiting for new finishes.

Young

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Did you know who was the father? You are lucky really, sometimes the older ones are hard to find homes for, as people think they are harder to discipline. Maybe you should get a dog to take the edge off the anxiety.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You know..when converting the US prices of CZs to my local currency, I realized how cheap you're getting them over there..quality gun for almost nothing. They are a lot more expensive here. I guess US market is so huge they know they'll sell them well but small countries like Croatia are not that safe bets.

·
Premium Member
9,441 Posts
I knew it was coming sooner or later. Oh, I still liked her well enough, but I just wasn't getting her out ... ... very often. Chiding myself for that I took her [out] today just so I wouldn't feel guilty about neglecting her... ... In the blink of an eye I realized he would get more enjoyment out of her than I have been lately, so I let her go...
And the funny thing is, no regrets. ...
So, with this type of logic, I should just get rid of my wife?!
And by the way, if you don't want to have your internet usage monitored, never start a Thread with "Sold one of my babies today."

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
You know..when converting the US prices of CZs to my local currency, I realized how cheap you're getting them over there..quality gun for almost nothing. They are a lot more expensive here. I guess US market is so huge they know they'll sell them well but small countries like Croatia are not that safe bets.
Kenan, often times the cost of a particular item in a given country is the result of very high or low taxes, import duties and just how much the seller expects to make. Other considerations include competition from other brands.

Sophia, selling the Annie was the right decision. It's unthinkable that you'd sell a CZ rifle!! ;)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Did you know who was the father? You are lucky really, sometimes the older ones are hard to find homes for, as people think they are harder to discipline. Maybe you should get a dog to take the edge off the anxiety.
Don't tell her that,JB! Last winter I gave in to get two 1/2 terrier 1/2 spaniel pups for free that were to weigh 20 lbs grown. After todays trip to the vet, these two 1/2 grown 50 lb pups will have cost us about 1000 dollars. That's a lot of ammo!! RH

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
I gave my first CZ (CZ Special) to my brother in trade for a rifle I needed rrom him. Too, he has no high quality .22 bolt - he needed it bad. I too don't feel too guilty - other CZ and Brno siblings are in my safe.

An enemy will give you what you want. A friend will give you what you need. A brother will give you something he needs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Kenan, often times the cost of a particular item in a given country is the result of very high or low taxes, import duties and just how much the seller expects to make. Other considerations include competition from other brands.

Sophia, selling the Annie was the right decision. It's unthinkable that you'd sell a CZ rifle!! ;)
Yeah I guess you're right. Lots of things should be taken in consideration.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.