Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

So, where did these come from (broken parts)?

419 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Dr. Mongoose
So, why did this happen (broken parts)?

More like why did this happen, as I know "where" they came from...

Hey all. My wife and I went out shooting today. When I began to shoot my wife's 10/22, it would give the dreaded "click", with no fire (CCI Velocitors). So, after cycling the round out, I noticed that the firing pin had barely made a dent. I tried again and it fired fine, once. Then it repeated itself for good.

So, fast forward to right now... I pull the trigger assembly out and this drops out (the piece on the left):

I pull the piece on the right after sliding the pin over a tad. So, any thoughts on what happened? This gun has nothing but a new bolt buffer and new GM Barrel installed. We were looking to pick-up a couple of trigger assemblies from Hornet Products, but I'm concerned that this might happen again.

All thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric A. Mayer :cool:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it have an effect on the firing pin not causing enough force to fire the bullet? I imagine the piece sitting behind the bolt probably gummed up the works while trying to fire.

btw, it's factory original over 15 years old... :(

Bound to happen, I guess.

Thanks!

Eric :cool:

· Registered
41 Posts
Have you had the trigger group out anytime before the last shooting session, It may have been that when it was reassembled the ejector was stuck in the back of the housing between the side of the hammer and the housing, this would cause the problem you describe the ejector will get bent and the hammer rubs on it causing the hammer to hang up a bit and possibly get the light strikes.
Replace the ejector and make sure it's in the foreward slot when you reasemble and you should be ok.

tenshot

· Registered
562 Posts
You can go ahead and use your rifle until you get the ejector replaced. It is just a secondary ejector to eject a round fired without the magazine in place. The primary ejector is part of the feed lips on the magazine. Like the others said, it might have been out of place or just a bad part.

JJW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.