Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to what happened to the shooters of the rifles built by Randy at CPC with .17 caliber swager barrels on them. I'd think a CZ 452 with a .17 Swager barrel would make a beautiful and cheap plinking/varminting rifle. Or, I'm sure I could find a used Marlin bolt action for cheap that could be rebarreled. What was the verdict with these as far as accuracy and fouling/frequency of cleaning was concerned? With the advent of the .17 HMR, has this idea run its course and died?

I currently still shoot a .20-22 Swager barrel on a 10/22 built for my 3 yrs ago by Randy off a Douglas .20 cal blank. It shoots almost any high-and hyper-velocity HP well, with PowerPoints giving consistant MOA groups at 100 yds. Velocity isn't much improved over factory specs (chronoed around 1300 fps), but the wind drift and bullet drop is significantly improved due to the bullet being squeezed to a longer and thinner profile. A .17-22 Swager set up for 30-33 gr hyper-velocity rounds would be a nice addition to this, as long as the accuracy remained comparable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.