Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have 14 CZ rifles now with many of the same calibers like 22mag and 17hmr...and as far as center fire cartridge goes I have 17 Hornet, 22 Hornet, 223 Rem, 308 WIn. and two Rem 222s...one in American and the other in a Varmint.

So the 64 dollar question for me is: Do you guys have duplicate CENTERFIRE calibers and if so why ?? are they different style of rifles like I have (American & Varmint) or like a (AR and bolt action) or because they are different brands.

If you do have the same caliber in the same style rifle what is the reason for that...like shooting at GH or at a PD town and need to allow one rifle to cool down while shooting the other or you love it so much you just want a second. :bthumb:

Where this is all going is: there is a another 22 hornet I can get if I really want to get it...am I am wondering if I really need to buy a second one.

Here is my Home made CZ 527 FS in 22 Hornet

and it shoots like this...I changed scopes and did a quick sight in.

So if you had a rifle that shoots the 22 Hornet like mine does would you buy a second one...if so why ??

I have so many rifles I won't be able to wear any of them out. I still have three unfired. CZitis must be getting worse I am thinking about the Ruger 204 and 6.5 Grendel and no I am not trying to catch up with GMD1950 :rolleyes:

thanks for your input and advice...I am lost and trying to find my way...lead me.

one last thing; a 222 is not a 223 even though they are close...so I don't count them as duplicates.

Signalman :mad::):D

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I have a couple of 22-250s and three 223s all in different rifles. I would have to count the 22s and I just added another. The only two of those are modified 10/22s and quite different.

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
30-30 , 5 I like lever actions , great cast bullet round
8x57 10+ various milsurp models
7.62x54R, 10+ various milsurp models
7.62x39, 6 various models

Why? Because I like'um!:p

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've got 35 to 40 in 7.62x54r, all milsurp, all Finnish. Obviously I collect them.
Eight or 10 Swede Mausers in 6.5x55, and a TikkaT3x. Collect the Swedes and deer hunt with the Tikka.
Four ARs in5.56x45, all setup in different ways, long barrel, short barrel, fixed stock, collapsible stock, red dot, iron sighted, scope; and a Tikka T3 in 223 (close enough to 5.56). ARs are for HD, hunting and just plain ol' plinking, the Tikka is my main yote rig.

·
Premium Member
37,558 Posts
Only the 223/556 is duplicated and the least accurate one is for sale on consignment locally.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I’m addicted to AR-15’s, I have four in 22 LR, four in 6.5 Grendel, three in 223/5.56 plus a Tavor bullpup.

I have Savage 22 LR bull barrel plus the same rifle in 17 HMR.

I also have a Henry H001 lever action 22 LR plus a Winchester 190 branded Sears 22 LR semi auto.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
.22 at least 10 different rifles and 3 handguns
556 three
308 four
9mm six
45 two
I think for me I may find several different Firearms I like in the same caliber. Some might be bolt action someway be semi-auto ,so for instance I have an M14 308 and a GA Precision 308 bolt action love them both.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Where this is all going is: there is a another 22 hornet I can get if I really want to get it...am I am wondering if I really need to buy a second one.
Signalman :mad::):D
It's not a question of need........ it's a matter of want. Life's short, play hard. :bthumb:

·
Registered
316 Posts
have four 9mm pistols , not that I am a 9mm fan at all , just the particular guns came in that caliber .

then there's the Ruger vaquero 44 mag and model 92 24" barrel in 44 mag , because they could/ can shoot a variety of lower powered 44 cal cartridges or reloads . the rifle does not really like anything less than 44 mag length cartridges really nor does it really care for non jacketed lead bullets . the ruger does not care for the ejector marks the 92 leaves on the cases . so it was kinda a wash :rolleyes::D

would I duplicate any caliber I have now in the future ?

considered a 38 special rifle in a lever or pump , but I fear the 44 mag experience all over again.

204 ruger ? maybe if a nice 527 varmint came along .

243win? ones enough for now

260rem? great cartridge in a nice gun one is enough, besides deer season would be over by the time I decided which one to take :eek:

9.3x62 ? 550FS is quickly become a favorite brush / stalking rifle , one is enough.

223 ? I can see a 527FS and or a LUX to go with my 527 varmint , right now the caliber these guns are available in I have any interest in .

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Several AR 223/5.56 with some differences.

Several Winchester 94s and Marlin 336s mostly .30-30,but a couple in .35. All different, but just a little.

Too many Swedish Mausers in 6.5 x 55. All a little different with several being sporterized not too badly by Bubba. They were cheap and I was a sucker for them.

Ithaca 37s if you want to get into shotguns.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Only 2, two darn many I don't even want to know.
Blackwolfe just got the sweetest M38 Husky Swede you ever saw & a couple 37 Ithacas. I've discovered a great way to down size, sell 2 buy 4, it's working great:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 375 H & H, two 375 Rugers & a 458 Lott. When dangerous game hunting opens in Southern Indiana I will be prepared.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Too many.. It'd be far easier to state which calibers I don't have a second in...

And that'd be .22 magnum- of which I only own one in - pistol... Do have a couple of .22 mag rifles, but only one pistol...

Oh.. And I have a .300 Win Mag rifle that fits the metric.

·
12,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 375 H & H, two 375 Rugers & a 458 Lott. When dangerous game hunting opens in Southern Indiana I will be prepared.
Camdog sir thank you for my first LOL of the day...even before my first cup of coffee. :bthumb: Now that was funny. :gun4::gun4::gun4:

SM :mad::):D

1 - 20 of 81 Posts