22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the wind has finally died down to about 25+ MPH, and was anxious to
do a bit of shooting to tune up for Tonys cheap ammo game with some
Blazers. came up with these groups, "snuggling" up, down, as i did 5
rounds per group.

am also trying out a diff type of p-pad as this gun came totally
"floated" and has a rather sizeable gap in the stock on both sides
of the bbl and will move side-to-side if a bit of pressure is applied to the bbl.
tried it from the factory, and a no-go,
anyway, quite a big diff with cheap ammo,

1st tried to tighten up a bit as per group #1. no go. loosened up a bit.
a lot better. tightened up a bit again, no go. loosened up 2x as much,
and came up with group # 4. must be only about 18 #'s ?

but i still am "convinced" that the amount of torque and the type of
ammo go hand in hand.

well, back to the "lab", LOL, i know this gun will shoot, i just need to come up with the "magic numbers. wish the wind would go away, or at least change
direction.

as an aside, mzr'd the 4th group using .220 as a deducter and came up with .085 ±, but
definately a "Z"

Rico....

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Yep would have to agree Rico, torque changes with the ammo used. What is great with one may not be great witht he other. Although you may be able to find a good general setting for most of the ammo you use.

Mine tends to like 18-27# or there abouts.

·
Registered
11,081 Posts
rico good read. I have one that I haven't messed with the torque settinga at all. maybe I should pull it out'a the safe and give it a little testing myself. really liking the looks of that 4th grp :bthumb:

·
Registered
945 Posts
I was hoping to snuggle with my Biathlon Basic this weekend, but it looks like I will be waiting til next weekend at the earliest...

Good luck getting your CZ all tuned in, I can't see the pics (at work) but I imagine I know what they contain. I'm sure you'll get it all figured out.

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well,

the hard part is, it seems that the cheaper the ammo the more of a deviation.

i keep the allen wrench on the bench as i know i'll be using it trying to dial
in the cheaper ammo, and it seems like they are all diff,

match ammo is a lot simpler, but they are a LOT more consistant vs "rigger
ammo" LOL,

but, the "drawing board" is only a step away, haha,

Rico....

·
Registered
11,081 Posts
rico you replaced the screws in your CZ didn't you? if so let me know where you got them from and $$$. I would mind trying to do better with my CZ.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Tony,

I might be out of line, but Rico's is the 453 V. and has the two action screws like the 452 A. (no barrel lug)

Craig N.

Que,

If you would like a set, just let me know in a pm. I'm leaving today for the holiday weedend, but will be back Monday.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Tony,

I might be out of line, but Rico's is the 453 V. and has the two action screws like the 452 A. (no barrel lug)

I'm leaving today for the holiday weedend, but will be back Monday.
Jeebus Craig, why would you be out of line, if I'm incorrect about something I appriciate being corrected.....Now I'll let you off easy this time if you send me a free set of screws for a 452 Trainer, but don't let happen again.....:D :hide:

Where ya going for the weekend.....the South Jersey seashore.....??? if so come look me up, I'll be spending most of the holiday weekend saving tourists from self destructing......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
No problem Tony,

I just thought I'd be intruding in on Rico.

If you let me know about your new (Trainer) (yes, I have been following your threads :D

I don't specifically know the bolts on the Trainer. (lengths and if it has a barrel lug) But I can make some up if you'd like. $5 shipped, same as everyone else.

No Jersey for me. Going camping w/ the family over at property on Lake Huron. It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend.

Sorry about you having to work. Just remember 30:2 @ a rate of 100 c.p.m. :)

Craig N.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Ok the rear take down screw is 36.29mm OAL and 33.91mm from the thread end to the shoulder(ie start of the taper).

The front one is 21.73mm OAL and 17.35mm from the thread to the shoulder.

Hope that makes since to you. I really have no ideal if it is the same on a Varmint. I am guessing yes because I think the stocks will interchange.
Thats as close as I can measure on my Trainer. Maybe Tony can measure his and we can compare.

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you working all three screws, or just the front one connected to the barrel.....
Tony,

the 453 Varmint has only two screws that screw into the rcvr, and i play
with both,

I just thought I'd be intruding in on Rico.
Craig,

no problem, as we are all sharing info here that may help someone
get a set of your great screws,

Rico....

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Rico, Tony,

The Trainer has only 2 rcvr take down screws. 1-forward of the trigger guard and 1 in the barrel lug. :bthumb:

I think it is the same as the varmint, actually I think the same for the Trainer, Special, Scout, Lux, Ultra Lux, Varmint, and the Full stock. If I'm not out in left field somewhere, LOL. The American is the 1 that is different and the scout may only have 1 take down screw missing the barrel lug.

I think and that can be dangerous at times. LOL

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Rigger,

I looked at the measurements that you said and the kits I've been sending out for the 452 V. have had a 17mm bolt for the barrel lug.

So Far everyone's seem to work. I know that the flat head bolts that come O.E.M. on the CZ's are measured O.A.L. So it would seem the Trainer and the others have a longer bolt for the lug. Don't know?

Will have to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

Ain't had anyone ask for the bolt kit in anything other than the 452 and 453's though.

Craig N.

·
Registered
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
rigger,

dont know anything about the other CZ models, but the 453 Varmint
has only two screws, one on each side of the trigger guard "loop",
and are 34 and 36 MM OAL. the shorter one goes in the rearward hole.

these CZs can be a bit "confucious", LOL,

Rico....

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
cnelson,

Ok remeasured the factory screws and I come up with :

Rear= 34mm

Front= 18.13mm

Thats the closest I can get with my eyes. The shorter one is in front. Now that is from the end of the screw to the start of the head/taper (back one).

So I would say a 34mm and a 18mm would work.

Rico if the varmint has 2 in front and in back of the trigger loop sounds like the same set up as a American. The lux's and the variations of Trainer included have 1 in front of the trigger loop and 1 on the barrel lug.

Thanks for letting me know that as I had it in my mind it was like a Trainer and had 1 in a barrel lug.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Forgot the front one is inset in the escutcheon. Will have to measure the over all length if yours sits on top of it.

Would be around 22mm if it sits on top of the escutcheon.

Hope this helps .;)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Thank you Rigger.

That sounds like that the same kit for the 452 V. will work on the Trainer too.

I'll have to remember that. Maybe I should write it down first :D

Do you think the Lux and other are the same as yours Rigger?

Thanks again Rigger.

Craig N.

Just seen your post Rigger.

Nope, mine don't sit on top of the esteoun (sp) I turn the heads down so they "snuggle" right back up inside where there supposed to be. The bolts come to me at about 10.2mm (head diameter) and I turn them down to 9.9mm and reblue them.

I also do the ones that go on the floor plate and turn those down too. This allows them to "just sit in the recess instead of on top of the floor plate.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.