Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda caught the Beretta bug in the last couple years..They are just such fine weaponry..But as good as they are are..I hate the plastic fantastic Grips..I dislike any plastic on any Firearm except my ARs..I can live with that:)

Anyway here they are and all decked out in wood at last..

They are a 70s .22..Bobcat 21A .22, Italian Police 92s in 9mm, and a Model 84 in .32 ACP.

I want one more though..A Vintage 34 from the WWII Era yet..

· Premium Member
5,699 Posts
I kinda caught the Beretta bug in the last couple years..They are just such fine weaponry..But as good as they are are..I hate the plastic fantastic Grips..I dislike any plastic on any Firearm except my ARs..I can live with that:)

Anyway here they are and all decked out in wood at last..

They are a 70s .22..Bobcat 21A .22, Italian Police 92s in 9mm, and a Model 84 in .32 ACP.

I want one more though..A Vintage 34 from the WWII Era yet..

I've owned 3, but only one at a time. The 380 (84?) was too snappy, the 22 had had the rear sight moved and staked, and the ex-police 32 is just fine. And yes, the plastic grips go bye-bye.

Attachments

· Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like shooting the .32 ACP..But it has always been overpriced ammo..I do have a .22 Conversion for the 92S one too..Thinking of selling that though..It works flawless and shoots great..I just have too many .22s already, so a conversion is kinda a waste,LOL

· Premium Member
12,009 Posts
Ok I dug it out of the safe 1942, XXI, which means it was made after 10/28/1942 but before 1/1/ 1943. Has a RE on the left side of the frame below the Hammer meaning it was Army Issue,And since the serial #. Includes an F, it was issued when the Nazis took over Italy in 1943.

its ugly, but it shoots great.

Attachments

· Premium Member
12,009 Posts
Well , it may have, but it hasnt written its memoirs yet. :D

But as a gun, it has a lot of plus’s. Fits nicely in my hand, has just enough weight to not be snappy, like a lot of 380 s are. Functions flawlessly, and makes me happy to hold and shoot it.

I like Berettas, a lot , and have a few more. But im on the look out for a 32 acp inox Tomcat. And a Nickel Browning BDA. I have a FN 140 , same as the BDA but its blue.

Attachments

· Registered
2,105 Posts
Nice little bevy of Italian Ladies,,,

Nice little bevy of Italian Ladies,,,
I'm a bit envious.

The open slide Beretta's are ( in my not so humble opinion),,,
The sexiest of all semi-auto pistols ever made.

Myself I only have three Beretta pistols.

I stumbled upon a real bargain for a Model 85 with extra mags about 8 years ago,,,
The price of $349.00 at The Evil Pawn Shop was too good to pass up.

Then I decided that I really wanted a matching .22 pistol,,,
I ordered a brand new Model 87 before they were discontinued.

I paid full retail ($699.99)for it which was a huge chunk for a .22 pistol,,,
But the heart wants what the heart wants,,,
And at the moment I had the cash.

Then about a year or so ago,,,
Classic fiery-arms got in a bunch of gently used Model 81's.

it's not that I needed or even wanted a pistol in .32 ACP,,,
But when you see nice quality Beretta pistols for only $209.99 you jump on it.

Or I did in any event.

As it turns out it's a great performer,,,
Lives in the hidden holster of my leather messenger bag.

I would love to have one of the smaller models like yours.

Aarond

· Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sadly the Berettas have really gone up in price. but all mine were bought well below right....The 70s was bought really right..Check this 70s out on GB..Crazy..I am just watching it to see what it goes for in the end..One the other day without the box and not as nice as mine brought over 800.00..Mine has the box and manuals as the one in the GB Link does..They say t may or may not have been ever fired..But my Box and Pistol is close to as nice as that one. That one is surely not 1250.00 better than mine,LOL

They are just such fine Pistols of high quality standards that will not be made again by probably any Firearms MFG..Just too expensive to have quality along with a price people will pay..Plastic injected molded Guns do nothing for me..But they are cheap to make,LOL

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/914997821

· Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Yep! Those 32 acp beretta pistols from classic firearms were a great buy. Too bad the ammo is so hard to find and high priced. I have one and a very accurate little pistol at 10 -15 yards.
I love mine, but the 1941 Sauer & Sohn is more accurate, amazingly. Saving ammo as much as I can, but they're Oh, so tempting to shoot.... :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts