Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Slop fix suggestion

821 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  marksman1022
I tried the JB slop fix several times and didn't get the feel I was hoping for. Sometimes the pull didn't feel smooth and jerky.

I tried the JB agin but I let the JB cure until it wasn't totally dry. I let the sear make the perfect angle to the other part(disconnector, I believe) by forcing the 2 parts together. This made a huge difference and the angle of the JB looks and feel great.

Then I just let the JB dry.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind. This blows! There is no slop but the disconnector doesn't reengage the sear. I filed it down then the slop shows up again. Again, this blows and I'm getting frustrated.

Is there any after market parts that get rid of the slop?

· Registered
95 Posts
Ranger Dave you may try to shim the sear ,disconnector & trigger to limit their side to side play.The trigger wobbling in the gaurd is a big source of slop,then the sear wobbling in the trigger is also a source.I shimmed it in as tight as I could and still allow free travel.I couldnt believe how much crisper the trigger is now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.