Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to sling my 10/22 similar to the way my M1 is, with a GI web sling for highpower shooting. The purpose is to practice shooting in the same positions as I use with the M1. Can someone clue me in as to the right sling and swivels I'll need to accomplish this? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Uncle Mike's makes QD swivels in the 1 1/4" size you need for a web sling. The set with swivel studs is #1311-3. Depending on which model 10/22 you have, there are several different options for swivel studs. If it's a standard carbine, there's an Uncle Mike's set that attaches to the barrel band and has a wood screw for the stock. On guns that already have sling swivels, you can just replace the swivels with the wood screw studs that come in the Uncle Mike's #1311-3 set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt-man - thanks for your help. Boy do I feel like an idiot! I just drug out the M1 AND 10/22 and put them side by side. I already have the Uncle Mike's swivel set that you mentioned.

So, now my question becomes: Where can I find a GI web sling?

·
Registered
220 Posts
You're talking about the OD green cotton type with the metal buckle, right? Fulton Armory will probably have them, as will Fred's M14 Stocks. You might also post a message in the wanted section, I bet someone here has gotten one with a CMP Garand and doesn't need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.