Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all can anybody please tell me what do you smooth out on the pistol to make it not wear the slide rails, and the little hump what ears do you smooth out, the site with the p22 fixes no longer exist..............

·
Registered
284 Posts
I suggest reading the test gun threads.. If you cant get the molyteflon stuff. i suggest remington remoil w/ teflon in the little yellow bottle. I personally use that. I squirt it on a patch, and wipe it on the slide rails, the inside of the slide, and the little hump, I used to oil the heck out of my gun and I got excessive "little hump" wear. I lightly coated when I oiled and now I know I am around 28,000 or so rounds probably even 30,000 I dont even keep track, those are modest guesses I bet lol I usually pop a box or two of 550 walmart boxes of remington everytime.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, but i couldnt find any pics of where you are supposed to file the ears down on the disconnector, do you file both edges down and how do you take it apart to get the discconector out?

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts

Note the rounded ear. I got a little carried away because I only had a 1" belt for rounding. I've since bought a Dremel and can do professional level work. :p Anyway this is the idea, round especially the front edge so it won't dig into the bottom of the slide.

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
With the Dremel you can probably round the edges with the disconnect in the gun but to remove it you must remove the two stove bolts as Walther calls them, separate the frame halves and remove the chrome disconnect. 1911M

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Not exactly, you have to pull the frame apart. Funny, I can't remember if you have to take the barrel off first. Anyway, have a careful look at everything externally and see how it fits. If you have a digital camera shoot some pictures. Look inside the halves before you pull them all the way apart.

Nothing flies out except the little spring under the slide stop can jump off when the frame is pulled out of the slide. The rest of the springs generally stay put until you remove them. Take careful notice of how they sit and again take pictures or make a crude drawing. 1911M

·
Registered
72 Posts
1917-1911M said:
With the Dremel you can probably round the edges with the disconnect in the gun but to remove it you must remove the two stove bolts as Walther calls them, separate the frame halves and remove the chrome disconnect. 1911M
Patience is a virtue. I was trying to decide whether or not to ask this question. Reading back through the entire board I found my answer.

Most everything is beginning to repeat since I am going further backwards. I and future P22 owners owe a huge debt to all of you for noodling out the problems with this gun over the past few years.

Now if Walther would just take heed and begin producing the test gun they might see a rise in sales.

Scotty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.