Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Skeeter V-Block help

543 5
Tell me if this looks right. I installed per instructions and 10 other ways and it still looks to be too slanted forward. Set screw doesn't make full contact with bottom of the barrel. I am pretty sure the front of the V block is sitting lower than the front of the receiver and touching the stock before the receiver. I could be wrong ( Wouldn't be the first time):cool: I can try and get better pics if needed. Input appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
this is where the fun begins with these things. if the barrel is little on the long side they dont contact the reciver at all due to being too small. thats why it's tipped. i dont know why Greg did not just copy the factory as far as outside dimentions go. a modded factory block or a Gunsmither would be the way to go. try to loosen the set screw all the way up and torque the v-block down that way and see if it helps.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an 18" GM barrel, I tried tightening the block with the set screw backed off to no avail. So what your saying is it does look as if something is not right. I hate to go back too the 3-9 scope I had on it before , but I didn't have the problem with elevation adjustment until I went too the 6-18 which is much longer. I've read that barrel droop is much more noticeable when you go to a longer scope. That's why I purchased the RFT vblock.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
you're gonna need to shim under the reciever side of the vblock enough that the block sits square when snugged and the set screw loose.... then, the set screw will have the leverage to do it's thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.