Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a case of SK Match .22 LR. Has anyone had any experience with this ammo? I would like to use it in Bullseye matches. I have been using Federal 711B and am having a hard time keeping 10 shots in the black on a consistent basis. I'm not sure that it is the fault of the ammo or my 'wobble' but the S&W 41 shoots 1/4 in. groups from a stand so I know it isn't the gun. I would like all the information you have about the SK line of ammo.

Thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
Bigjets,
I have an order of three types of SK coming in any day, Match, Rifle Match & Pistol Match. I will be testing in a CZ Special and American as well as a custom 10/22 and Ruger MKII. I will let you know what I think of this when I am done. I usually shoot Eley tgt rifle in the 10/22, Fed Lightning in the MKII and Wolf in the CZs.
BTW - I was born and raised in Monroe CT.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I shot some of the SK Standard Plus last week and for me it grouped as good or better than Wolf MT in the two rifles I tried it in. I paid 25.00 for a brick of it at my local dealer. It seemed a little louder than the Wolf MT I have--the SK may be a tad faster. I was happy with it, for the money.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey, you might

want to also try the SK subsonic hollowpoint, I know it sounds funny, but, I have shot them in ARA match's and they preformed as well as my Lapua Master @ half the cost!
Hope this helps!
Ricky

·
Registered
372 Posts
bigjets said:
I have just ordered a case of SK Match .22 LR. Has anyone had any experience with this ammo? I would like to use it in Bullseye matches. I have been using Federal 711B and am having a hard time keeping 10 shots in the black on a consistent basis. I'm not sure that it is the fault of the ammo or my 'wobble' but the S&W 41 shoots 1/4 in. groups from a stand so I know it isn't the gun. I would like all the information you have about the SK line of ammo.

Thanks
:D I use the Rifle match, Pistol match and Plus. I use the Plus indoors for Sporter Rifle and regular outdoor Silhouette league shoots. The match rifle ammo I just got and will be using that in the future, as it held tighter groups. I LOVE THIS STUFF:t Not one misfire or real problems to speak of. Aguila is also inexpensive and shoots rather well for the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.