Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

SK Ammunition, manufacturers of high-quality .22 LR cartridges for nearly 190 consecutive years, announce our latest offering: "SK Long Range Match." New for 2019, Long Range Match was developed for demanding .22 LR enthusiasts routinely acquiring targets out to 100 yards and beyond. It is purpose-built for today's long range rimfire shooting disciplines ever-increasing in popularity, such as PRC, tactical rimfire, long range silhouette and more.

SK Ammunition Sales & Marketing Manager Joerg Melcher states, "Historically, high-quality match ammunition has been a barrier to entry for competitive target shooting. SK Long Range Match allows shooters to gain access to new competition rimfire rifle and pistol disciplines without overwhelming their pocketbooks."

SK Long Range delivers accurate, high-quality rounds that reliably feed through your competitive target rifle. Centerfire competition shooters will also find SK Long Range Match the ideal training companion to prepare with .22 platforms similar to their big bore configuration. Whether you're actively competing in today's popular long range rimfire sports or connecting with LR targets from the firing line at your local club, instill the confidence you deserve with new SK Long Range Match, available in 2019.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
I'm worried it won't live up to the advertising claims.
Already has one strike against it. :(

It used the word "Match" on the label.
Past experience says if it has "Match" on the box, it ain't. :rolleyes:

Not available yet at any of my on line retailers.
When it is, you know I'll send 50 shots across a chronograph at 200 yards. :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm worried it won't live up to the advertising claims.
Already has one strike against it. :(

It used the word "Match" on the label.
Past experience says if it has "Match" on the box, it ain't. :rolleyes:

Not available yet at any of my on line retailers.
When it is, you know I'll send 50 shots across a chronograph at 200 yards. :D

jaia---Aww, come on now.... If it says "Match" on the box it must be good stuff:D I'll be looking forward to your [email protected] testing on this one. Match or not, the chrono and targets seldom lie. As an aside, how is the RWS testing going? Did you get a chance to do the R-50 stuff yet? Very interested in how that ammo shoots @200. Hopefully, better than that RWS "target rifle" stuff you recently tested. That stuff was pretty darn bad.

·
Premium Member
10,485 Posts
My personal take is that it is just a marketing ploy.

Putting "Match" on any box of ammo doesn't guarantee great accuracy. A recent example is the latest Federal Hunter Match. Hunting ammo it may be, but it is nowhere near match quality.

Putting "Long Range" on any box of ammo is a similar ploy. What exactly makes this stuff so good at long range? Does that mean it sucks for anything under 100 yards?

What's next, Remington Thunderturd Match ammo?

I'll stick to quality match ammo from Eley, RWS and Lapua for all my shooting, from 25 to 350 yards...the maximum distance at our range.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Couple three boxes for tomorrow morning, TS.
RWS hollowpoints and SV's to send at 200 yards.
Rifle Match and Special Match....not very promising, eh? ;)

I'll be dealing with 8 to 12 mph headwinds in the AM.
I'll save the R50, R100 and R50SC for better conditions.

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Forgive me....my odd thought generator just kicked in. :rolleyes:

...for its price point.

True, Ford makes a decent pick'em up truck for it's price point too,
but you won't find it competing sucessfully against a Porsche on a road course. :D

I know, I'm a baaaaaaaad boy...and easily entertained.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
FWIW, I agree

I'm curious, what features make this ammo any better at long range? (And does it cost any accuracy at "short" ranges?)

What exactly makes this stuff so good at long range? Does that mean it sucks for anything under 100 yards?
I think they have a bit more explaining to do.....
Otherwise, it's just another re-packaged box labeled NEW! and IMPROVED!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I'm trying a more powerful brand as 300 yards is all I can stretch with sub sonic ammo. Have a case enroute & will let you know if it works or not. Then I'm going to pack it Thunderbolt boxes :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Forgive me....my odd thought generator just kicked in. :rolleyes:

...for its price point.

True, Ford makes a decent pick'em up truck for it's price point too,
but you won't find it competing sucessfully against a Porsche on a road course. :D

I know, I'm a baaaaaaaad boy...and easily entertained.
On the other hand see how a Porsche does on a snow covered back road against a 4x4 F-150:eek:

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Lapua bought SK? I didn't know that.
I knew SK products were made on the Lapua machines and have been for a long time.
But the SK production was never the high end competition ammo.
Lapua spent the extra qc on it's Midas and X-Act labels.

Which means nothing without lot testing before purchase.
Does SK offer lot testing? Something else I never looked into.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lapua bought SK? I didn't know that.
I knew SK products were made on the Lapua machines and have been for a long time.
But the SK production was never the high end competition ammo.
Lapua spent the extra qc on it's Midas and X-Act labels.

Which means nothing without lot testing before purchase.
Does SK offer lot testing? Something else I never looked into.
yes they did buy them. try goodshooting inc for lot testing.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.