Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shooting a Cooper 57 with sk standard plus yesterday which resulted in a 50 yrd. 5 shot 3 group of an avg. .361. Sk match resulted in 3 grp. avg. of .301. Lapua Master L resulted in 3 group avg. of .284. Midas M resulted an 3 group avg. of .054 corrected. Does anyone know if the cci standard velocity will shoot with the sk standard plus. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Ronaka's chart looks promising for the cci standard velocity.

· Registered
3,399 Posts
Try it

"only one way to find out..."

I agree. Purchase a box and try it. By now, I'm sure you are aware that every gun will show preferences for some brand/type over others, and when you start with match stuff, you expect match-type performance. I've tried CCI Standard Vel. and CCI Green Tag. In the guns I've tried it in, the Std Vel gave better groups than Green Tag.
What is interesting is when you shoot the cheap bulk stuff, and get really good groups (In my case, Win X-Perts) enough so to use it as site-in fodder for your rifles.
When I heal, I've really got to do some shooting for groups to match up some ammo to rifles. After doing some preliminary work, I have a good idea, but I'll have to do 50yds the next go round.

· Registered
68 Posts
The CCI standard will shoot decent,at our clubs 100 yd prone match it is what we use to start out the newbies. It doesn't group generally as tight as wolf or Sk but it also doesn't seem to have the flyiers that you will get now and then with the wolf or Sk. Scores run close
Like every other ammo it will varry from lot to lot.
One of our shooters is convinced that the paper box stuff is better than the plastic boxes. In his gun with the lots he has this is absolutely true but time will tell if results hold up with newer lots

· Registered
8,058 Posts
i know Ron has been showing off his chart and it IS good info. For Ron. it means jack squat for the rest of us. only you shooting your rifle with whatever ammo is gonna tell you what is gonna work. there are some know accurate loadings like Wolf MT and Eley 10X but even with those it is possible to get bad lots that wont shoot. that and your rifle MAY or may not like them. if you want to know you have to try it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to agree with Ronaka. His chart in my opinion has been very consistent with the results i have seen in my rifles, which are a Cooper and cz452. I'm glad ron sent the chart to me . If you take the time to read and understand the chart , it's very good information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.