Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

SINGLE SHOT MAGAZINE FOR RUGER BOLT GUN

971 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  mrt949
Does any one make a single shot mag for a ruger bolt gun
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· The Mod Squad
7,085 Posts
I'm curious about the BX-1. Do you have to load the round into the mag (like a BX-10). Can you load it while it's in the rifle? Does it feed well?

I had already started designing one that (I assume) would be used similar to the other SSAs I make. Considering the price and how nice the OEM one is I'm not sure there would be any advantage to buying one that I could make. Does the factory one work well? Is there something I could improve upon?

· The Mod Squad
7,085 Posts
I've seen those. Depending on how each feeds I'd rather have the Ruger one. I tested one of that seller's "Gen 2" single shot adapters for CZ. It created drag on the bottom of the bolt and (IIRC) it fed at a little steeper angle than mine. Looks like their Ruger SSA might be a little on the steep side too. Hard to say without trying one though

People have asked, so I may still consider making one. Not sure I could sell it for much less than the factory one though

· The Mod Squad
7,085 Posts
Bud's has them for $13.45. Not sure what they charge for shipping but that's hard to beat

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/77484

I found another shop that sells them for $15

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if you have to take the Ruger one out of the rifle to single load it (like an actual magazine)

· Registered
273 Posts
I've seen those. Depending on how each feeds I'd rather have the Ruger one. I tested one of that seller's "Gen 2" single shot adapters for CZ. It created drag on the bottom of the bolt and (IIRC) it fed at a little steeper angle than mine. Looks like their Ruger SSA might be a little on the steep side too. Hard to say without trying one though

People have asked, so I may still consider making one. Not sure I could sell it for much less than the factory one though
The Ruger BX-1-1 looks like you would have to load the mag each time...drop the mag, load another round, repeat. No thanks, I'd just us a normal mag. I could be wrong, never used one.

The 3D printed models seem easier...just drop a round on top. 3D is easily modified to fit your gun better.

Also found this;
https://www.47products.com/index.php/product/pita-sled-orange/

· The Mod Squad
7,085 Posts
The Ruger BX-1-1 looks like you would have to load the mag each time...drop the mag, load another round, repeat. No thanks, I'd just us a normal mag. I could be wrong, never used one.

The 3D printed models seem easier...just drop a round on top. 3D is easily modified to fit your gun better.
Yes, having to pull the mag and reload 1 round would be a deal breaker for me too. I would definitely need to be able to put a round on the SSA through the loading port.

I've seen that one before too. I get a kick how they call it the PITA. I can truly understand where they're coming from haha

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well i have it ruger single shot mag had to put a spacer in the front of the mag .so the bullet would not nose dive and slide down inside the mag .You can do this with the 10 round mag and save money . Just lay the bullet on top of the mag with a little fiddling around to make it work. sorry i can't load photos
The speacer was a peice of zip tie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.