Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
I was thinking about modifying an expensive magazine to make a single shot tray a week or so ago and I realized it should be relatively easy and cheap for someone who has a 3d scanner and printer to print one for almost any rifle.

· Registered
108 Posts
Source of the traffic...

Well, gents... This thread caught my eye because it's responsible for over 20% of the total traffic going to my website today. Impressive!

Thanks for the referral, Hacker.

As for building one (and speaking as someone that took on the task), I can say that the 3d scanner is a non-starter. It's not anywhere near as accurate as is needed for good lockup. It's a lot easier to just go at it with calipers and build from the ground up. As for other rifles where you could just replace the follower in a normal stacked mag, I think that would be a lot easier and I'm contemplating doing that for the MkII.

The real trick with the BX fed firearms is in getting the round to feed reliably. Thanks to Hacker here and another dozen testers with about 35 firearms in the test sample, we got it worked out. It's amazing how what worked in my rifles, 10/22s and Ruger American Rimfires, didn't work for others. I went through, literally, dozens of variations before I got something that fed right in all the test rifles I had access to. I could not have done it without having that big sample set, that's for sure.

Thanks to all those of you who ordered today. The first group went out this afternoon (emails were already sent with tracking numbers), and the second group will go out tomorrow morning.

Knisely

· Registered
108 Posts
Well, this thread is still generating over 20% of the traffic to my site. Thanks for all the orders, all but 2 are shipped. Check your email for tracking numbers. The final 2, to NH and IA, will be headed your way in the AM... keep an eye on your email for tracking numbers.

Thanks again for all the interest. Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Knisely

· Registered
108 Posts
Cheaper Than Dirt advertises single shot mags and 5 round mags.
Good shooting and please support your sport.:bthumb:

jim
Jim,

The single shot mags from CTD and others are just that, mags. You have to load a round into the magazine, insert the mag, rack the round in, fire, eject the mag, and repeat.

What I've designed is a sled... So you lock back the bolt, place the round on the tray via the ejection port, send the bolt home, and fire. The sled stays in the firearm. With practice, you can do this quickly.

That's from Thanksgiving when I hit the range to demonstrate them. Check out the YouTube channel there for more extended product descriptions too.

Nolan, I appreciate the support.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I placed an order for one of the sleds to use with my 77/22. Same magazine so I see no reason why it would not work. As far as working with the Kidd single stage trigger, why not, the sled is a magazine replacement, in front of and not in contact with the trigger group. I'll find out for sure when I get mine.

· Registered
108 Posts
I placed an order for one of the sleds to use with my 77/22. Same magazine so I see no reason why it would not work. As far as working with the Kidd single stage trigger, why not, the sled is a magazine replacement, in front of and not in contact with the trigger group. I'll find out for sure when I get mine.
if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll build a custom one for you.

Knisely

· Registered
1,051 Posts
if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll build a custom one for you.

Knisely

It does not work, nor does it work in my 10/22, for some reason it simply does not seat into the magazine catch, same on the 77/22 and the 10/22.

I'll be out of town for a week to ten days so will look back here when I return.

· Registered
108 Posts
It does not work, nor does it work in my 10/22, for some reason it simply does not seat into the magazine catch, same on the 77/22 and the 10/22.

I'll be out of town for a week to ten days so will look back here when I return.
I believe this is the same issue that was found my the gentleman in Michigan ran into. I will send you the updated design I made for them. It is the new standard design.

I will also PM you what is the solution to get the one that you have now working too.

Knisely

· Registered
108 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.