Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Doug's old, and my new Lux. Its wearing new glass now, Ive mounted the 18x tasco that I "thought" I had sold to just fit over the rear sight base with some copper shims and a hammer to the bottom of the scope, "dont try this at home" lol. Luckily the scope survived and I now love the hogback with the low scope.;) Im really happy with the setup on this CZ. thank god nobody can see the bottom of the objective bell!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a Tasco

Its a Tasco Rangefinder 6-18X40 AO scope. Bought it used and have never seen another one like it. I would assume its no longer made. Funny little thing, has three crosshairs and all sorts of animals listed on the scope so you can guage distance by the size of the animal between the two horizontal crosshairs. I use it for a .22 so its kind of wasted. Really turned out to be just right as its nearly 17inches long (metric conversions?) Anyway, I looked all over for a scope that was low, less than 44mm objectice and verry long or short. Most 40MM were lower power than I wanted and most 44-50mm were too tall and not long enought to clear rear sight base, but too long to mount behind it. I think if you are looking for a scope (if you are?) There is a short fixed 18x weaver that fits behind the sight crown. I have the Simmons 4-12x40 AO scope that was on this gun before in the for sale section for 40.00. It fit real nice and low tucked behind the rear sight crown. If you want something like that, I would ship trans-atlantic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.