Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Simmons ProHunter 6-24x42 AO (model 807703), with Mil-Dot reticle in matte black, from a local gun shop supplier that went out of business. Evidently, these were made in the Phillipines but have been discontinued in favor of the new side focus Simmons scopes coming out soon.

As far as I can tell, these scopes were selling for $135 - $150 before being discontinued.

I can probably pick up more of them (looked like there were at least 10 left) at the same price ($100) if anyone is interested.

They seem very clear, crisp and bright, MUCH better than a Tasco 6-24x42 Varmint scope and a comparable view to a Mueller IMHO.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can go back.

John

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I had one in a 6-18 that was a good scope, adjustments worke dgood, when I was learning shooting hehe or magnum shooting I had it on a 300 win mag, wrong scope on the wrong gun..... For plinking with 10/22 it worked good.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
are they fully multicoated like most of the other phillipino simmons? if so i might be interested...i really love my ATV, and ive heard the made in phillipines simmons were the best scopes money can buy :) of course if money was no object id have leupolds...thanks

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
natchez has the 1048 44 mag for 99.96 or something like that. i think im going to get that with the optional sunshade (another 9.96) slap that on my 10/22 and put my current ATV on my biathlon basic im picking up tomorrow morning :D might have to go out back and shoot it even though the neighbors might not like it... just a quick couple rounds heh i wont shoot if their kids are out though. dont need any jail time on my record.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.