Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Burris scope in question. The ballistic plex would be nice, very nice. I have a Simmons Pro-Air 4-12x40AO; great scope. Its NOT for sale. In resolution tests, it beat every other scope I have thus far tested (except for the Swift 676 4-12x40AO which tied it), including a Leupold M8 6x42 and a Simmons WTC18 6.5-20x50 .

·
Registered
73 Posts
go burris

hi i have the burris b-plex on my kimber and it is by far the best scope i have had. the hold over does take some experimenting for ranges-ammo. go with the burris you wont be sorry.

ollie

·
Registered
113 Posts
Larebow
Burris make fine scopes and I haven't had a chance to test one with the ballistic-plex....yet! If your going to use this scope on a rimfire your going to want a scope with an adjustable objective. The Burris your'e looking at has a fixed parallax at probably 150 to 200 yards....I would definately want to be able to adjust my scope parallax free.....but thats just me. Between the two scopes you are comparing ...I'd take the Simmons and with the money left over spend it on ammo.

Now if your wanting to spend another $125 and get the Burris with an AO....thats another story.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
AO over rated

go with the burris.quality glass will not be as out of focus as a lower quality even at rimfire ranges.trust me the burris fullfeild2 3-9X40 withought the AO is a brighter and way more of a vivid sight picture than a cheap scope with the AO.I just put one on my 10\22,green mt,hogue rig and have had no problem with shooting junk ammo into no more than 1/2 inch at 50yds and 1/4 inch at 25yds.the ballistic plex works as advertized.zero at 50 and the next lines are at 75-100-125. works every time. of coarse if you are going to compete then a high power high quality scope with the AO will make a difference but for informal target and shooting tweetie birds at variable ranges I dont see a better value than these scopes.the fullfield 2 series scopes are on par with the varix3 and weaver grand slam models.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Burris will adjust the focus on the scope if you want something more appropriate for rimfire ranges.

Personally I like an AO - nothing beats crisp crosshairs on a super sharp target. If you spend long sessions looking through the scope your eyes will tire quickly switching focus from the crosshairs to the target. High quality glass will help in either case but I would not slam the Pro-Air as a poor quality scope - all reports have been very positive and one beat out some higher priced glass in one poster's resolution tests.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brookie

Brokie so if I go with the burris.Does it need to be sent to the factory to be adjusted?What would be a good objective setting?
Say 75 to 100yrds? Shots would be say 30-100yds.:confused:

·
Registered
218 Posts
The knobs on Burris Fullfield II scopes work like Target knobs. They are just low profile. They call them Hunter knobs but They can be zeroed. I use the recticle on my up and down. I make use of the knobs in adjusting my windage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.